General Maintenance Technician (Nahunta, GA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
This role will sit in Nahunta, GA.
Seven Islands Environmental Solutions LLC, part of Cox Enterprises, is actively seeking a general maintenance technician for its Golden Isles Conservation Center in Nahunta, GA. Golden Isles Conservation Center recycles tires and other products in an environmentally friendly way.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities
The General Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings/grounds at the site the with emphasis on successful targeting of preventive maintenance program and cross training initiative supporting production, shipping/receiving processes and material storage operations. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Sustainability Operations.
Duty: Supports facility-maintenance functions throughout the organization (40%)
Task 1: Perform general maintenance and upkeep of buildings; inspect assigned buildings/related fixtures, mechanical equipment, machines, and other structural components.
Task 2: Perform basic repair and replacement of components of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems as directed.
Task 3: Responsible for completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned
Duty: Perform event chair/facility set up requests/logistics support (20%)
Task 1: Provides set-up of facilities as requested; training and conference rooms and/or lobby for scheduled events
Task 2: Monitor and track shared calendar for scheduled events for planning/preparedness purposes
Task 3: Collaborate with event coordinators and/or assigned host representatives having responsibility for scheduled events
Duty: Support GICC warehouse and outdoor storage operations (40%)
Task 1: Assist inventorying, servicing and outdoor material storage operations
Task 2: Receive and process incoming requests and coordinate as appropriate with internal partners initiating orders
Task 3: Communicates with Supervisors/Managers with operational and scheduling issues that arise
**Adhere to all OSHA, NFPA, NEC safety requirements as it relates to the duties of a technician.
Position Minimum Qualifications
* High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
* At least one year of facility/maintenance experience
* Warehouse and production experience, strongly desired
* Must be flexible and capable of rearranging schedule (able to work overtime and holidays, when
* Basic Computer skills. (Microsoft Inc.: Outlooks, Word, Excel)
* Maintains high quality work and shop safety levels
* Can Read, write, speak English fluently and carry out instructions
* Able to work in a high temperature environment
* Works in both office and production/warehouse environments
* Good problem solving skills with attention to detail and follow up
* Must adhere to all OSHA, NFPA, NEC safety requirements as it relates to the duties of a technician
* Maintain high quality work and cleanliness of facility
* Valid driver s license
* Strong attention to detail
* Must be a self-starter and be able to execute projects with minimal supervision
Physical Minimum Requirements
Working Conditions / Work Conditions for an Office Environment:
* Requires the ability to work non-traditional hours
* Some work may be required in either an industrial environment including noise, heavy machinery or warehouse-like locations
* Occasional local travel is required
* Driving: Requires ability to drive/operate company vehicle
* Physical demands and essential physical abilities includes: a combination of physical work (standing, walking, lifting and carrying items such as laptop computers, pulling file drawers
* Sedentary demands includes: document review and computer use, including ability to manipulate fingers to operate computer keyboard and mouse
* Expected to work under deadline constraints and meet precise deadlines (including self-imposed deadlines)
* Routine interruptions and unforeseen assignments are to be expected
* Other: Good Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Physical Activities / Work Conditions for an Industrial Environment:
* Non-climate controlled environment; exposure to high temperature environment
* Occasional lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
* Continuous Standing/Sitting/ Bending/Twisting for Extended Periods
* Climbing; Ascending and Descending
* Occasional dusty environment requiring respirator
* Potentially confined spaces
* Safety glasses
* Hearing protection
* Must have 20/20 or corrected 20/20 vision
* Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, sounds, depth, texture, and visual cues or signals
* Occasional local travel required
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $20 billion and more than 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications, Inc. (cable television distribution, telephone, high-speed Internet access, wireless services, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Manheim, Inc. (vehicle auctions, repair and certification services and web-based technology products); Cox Media Group, Inc. (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers, advertising sales rep firms, Valpak and Cox Digital Solutions); and AutoTrader.com (online automotive advertising and Kelley Blue Book, vAuto, HomeNet Automotive and VinSolutions subsidiaries). Additionally, Cox operates Kudzu.com. More information about Cox can be found online at www.coxenterprises.com. Cox Enterprises and its affiliated companies participate in the E-Verify program of the United States Department of Homeland Security. For more information on the E-Verify program, please see the posters accessible through the links at: www.coxenterprises.com/careers/search-jobs.aspx Cox Enterprises and its subsidiaries do not contact candidates for employment by text message. We do not conduct online interviews via chat sessions and/or instant messenger applications. Cox utilizes a formal application process through the HR department and company websites. Communications are made through official company channels including email, letterhead, phone, and fax. The company does not require employees to purchase equipment or software as terms of employment. Interested candidates should submit their resume though Cox Career Network. Cox Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location:US-GA-Nahunta-125 Industrial Park Blvd
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time