General Manager - Administrative Services Only 8/19/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The ASO General Manager is the face of the Regence integrated ASO operating model. The individual in this role is responsible for representing the ASO operating model during sales/finalist presentations to standard and large groups (including site visits), producer information sessions and internally at Regence and for coordinating the representative sections of ASO requests for information and proposal documents. The individual will also be responsible for the flawless implementation of new ASO customers. In additional the individual while not responsible for all day-to-day operations, is responsible for oversight and monitoring of operating performance related to ASO service levels and performance guarantees. Finally, the individual is responsible for working closely with the sales and account management leaders across the Regence geographic footprint to identify opportunities for improving the integrated ASO operating model that will enhance Regence s competitive position.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
* Deep knowledge of healthcare industry and especially the administration of health benefit programs at large self-funded employers, including state, county, etc. agencies and associations
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, including being able to listen and pivot inflight during prospect and client presentations
* Proven ability to actively listen to identify goals and objectives and to develop and propose optimal solutions versus simply delivering the requested solution
* Proven ability to collaborate and facilitate collaboration across myriad parties (internal to Regence and others) with potentially different levels of understanding and vested interests
* Ability to and comfort with making informed and timely decision without perfect knowledge (a.k.a. willing to take informed business risk)
* Ability to effectively manage a small staff as well as accomplish major objectives via influence
* Preferably a Bachelor s Degree in Business or Operations Management and 10plus years of experience in the Healthcare industry as a Payer, Employer or Benefits Consultant
General Functions and Outcomes
* Engages the entirety of the ASO operating organization to ensure the effectiveness, continual improvement and sustainability of the integrated ASO model
* Operates as the enterprise, single point of contact for the delivery aspects of ASO customers
* Actively participates with Sales in RFP completion and sales presentations, including coordination of site visits
* Train and certify others within ASO operating model to present ASO story for client, prospects and producers
* Develops and maintains the ASO operating story, communications collateral and presentations
* Leads the flawless implementation of new ASO customers
* Provides executive leadership and guidance in the development of ASO services and standards
* Provides oversight, tracking and management of operating related ASO performance metrics and guarantees
* Creates and delivers (either directly to jumbo ASO customers or to account management for delivery to all other customers) periodic, account level ASO operating performance reports
* Participates with Product and Sales in the development of the ASO strategy
* Participates on various internal task forces and projects as the ASO operating model SME
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We've been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well-being of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.