This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 5/9/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
This position functions as the primary, strategic business leader of the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, responsible for all aspects of the business. Responsibilities include guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales, revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to ownership. Leads a team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of brand service strategy and initiatives, with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest and associate expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The position ensures Omni Hotels & Resorts sales channels are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
* Sets goals and expectations for direct reports.
* Identifies leadership and fosters career development.
* Inspires and motivates team to achieve operational excellence.
* Leads a cohesive leadership team and positive business environment that consistently delivers results
* Develops deployment strategies to market property in order to continue to grow market share.
* Supports the sales strategy by encouraging effective revenue management practices.
* Reviews the STR report, competitive shopping reports and using other resources to maintain an awareness of the property s market position.
* Identifies key drivers of business success.
* Reviews sales goals and strategies to ensure alignment with positioning and pricing
* Ensures sales and revenue engines are leveraged to drive RevPAR improvement year over year.
* Ensures capital expenditure funds are being budgeted and deployed effectively and within program.
* Holds staff accountable for successful performance in a positive manner.
* Utilizes an open door policy.
* Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding property goals to produce desired results.
* Fosters associate engagement to providing excellent service.
* Inspires executive committee team members by demonstrating strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
* Works collaboratively with various Global Sales Offices to build and nurture strong relationships to aid the business objectives of the hotel.
* Provides strategic direction and direct support to ensure the success of the group sales team.
* Participates in daily Operations meetings to ensure strong and sustained interdepartmental communications, problem resolution and guest satisfaction.
* Participates directly in risk management issues and prevention including legal and workers compensation.
* Ensures accurate revenue, expense and labor forecasts and execution.
* Creates appropriate development plans based on individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
* 10 years minimum experience as a General Manager in an upscale, predominately group focused hotel environment.
* BS/BA undergraduate degree
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent communications skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: