General Manager / Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Steel Fitness Premier
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe General Manager (GM) drives outstanding results at our core competencies: directing all aspects of club operations and providing excellent member expericence by exceeding expectations in all departments. The GM should think of the club as his/her business and is responsible for the results in his/her club and contributing to the company's overall success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide Inspirational Leadership
* Focus on people and building a team. Train/Coach Leads at his/her club, and develop other managers and staff
* Work with Sales Manager (SM), Operations Manager (OM) and Personal Training and Massage Therapy Managers PTM/MTM and Membership Manager (MM) and to make sure we exceed sales goals and comply with ownership expectations.
* Ensure onboarding of new, promoted or transferred Managers and Leads following best practices and company guidelines to promote Managers' success and employee retention
* Ensure development of club staff for peak performance and preparedness for advancement
* Foster a culture of universal employee development
* Deliver a product that insures above industry norms for Retention
IDENTIFY TALENTS/SKILLS - INTERVIEW, HIRE, REDIRECT:
* Identify and interview job candidates
* Recruit new talent from other businesses (e.g., retail, dining, service) while out of the club
* Write annual Performance Appraisals for all for all staff (not necessarily tied to wage appraisals)
* Work with Regional Ops Manager to resolve training or personnel issues
ESTABLISH AND ATTAIN S.M.A.R.T. GOALS (SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, RELEVANT AND TIMELY):
* Recommend ways to improve non-dues Revenues (e.g., retail, towel service, locker rentals); implement approved methods
* Improve club's performance year-over-year
* Surpass EFT and EBITDA goals
* Spearhead achievement of Membership Sales metrics (e.g., ACH, pro-rate %, card fee %, membership mix)
* Maximize Non EFT Revenue year over year.
ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPS) AND COMPANY POLICIES:
* Uphold standards of safety, cleanliness, dress code, etc.
* Address HR issues at the club
* Review Accounts Payables; question every expense (e.g., Was it necessary Did it have proper prior approvals Could it have been done another way for less money Is it within the approved budget )
* Provide safety supervision. Identify and correct unsafe conditions and behaviors
ANALYZE REPORTS, DATA, SYSTEMS, FACILITIES - MAKE RECOMMENDATIONS OR TAKE ACTION AS NEEDED:
* Review Managers Monthly Reports (MMR); spot trends (good and bad); identify positive and negative performances; and take appropriate action
* Check stats in database and CSI system daily (Total units, lead tracking, GR/TI, $$$, closing%).
* Verify that all club labor schedules (Front Desk; Housekeeping; Kids Club) are within budget. Help Leads identify opportunities to operate under budgeted hours while maintaining customer service standards
* Review payroll budget reports; identify problems and opportunities to reduce labor costs while maintaining customer service standards
* Review Facility, Sales, Standardization and Safety Audits; take appropriate actions
* Review Image reports; goal of 10% of members without image using club during last 60 days.
* Seek ways to reduce expenses while maintaining high standards
* Participate in annual Capital Expenditure project inspection; recommend facility and equipment changes
* Review Califitness equipment/facilities repair website to stay abreast of outstanding items
* Ensure compliance with all safety and training items
STAY CURRENT WITH COMPANY, INDUSTRY, LEADERSHIP, AND MANAGEMENT BEST PRACTICES AND MARKETING TRENDS AND OPPORTUNITIES - SEEK OPPORTUNITIES FOR PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT:
* Visit at least one competitive club per month; look for ideas to improve our business model.
* Recommend ideas for improving our business (e.g., programs, amenities, equipment, practices)
* Learn - then do something new, do more of something good, do something better
* Provide annual Self-Appraisal to Owner
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* 5+ years' experience in a 40, + square foot high end Health Club / Fitness facility
* 3-5 years' experience working directly with customers/members and delivering high-satisfaction rates
* 5+ years leading managers and multi-department teams
* Experience with financial reporting and reconciliation (budgets, profit taking corrective action
* Effectively present information to a large group to inspire and inform.
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well with all parties
* Knowing when to seek counsel when position, knowledge or confidence warrant assistance or approval
* Multi Deptarment Health Club Management: 5+years
* Management, Supervisory: 5+ years
* Health Club Sales: 4 years
Job Type: Full-time
* Allentown, PA