General Manager GM 8/26/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL MANAGER
We, a well-established, growing, reputable event company has an immediate opportunity for a General Manager. The rapid growth of our company has created the need to hire someone who can step in and immediately manage us in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have strong leadership abilities, the willingness to travel, be detail oriented, a passion for timeliness and excellence, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization. Ten (10) plus years management experience in event planning, project based business planning, and/or logistics is preferred. This position reports directly to the President.
* Provide leadership and direction to all functional areas of the organization to ensure bottom-line profitability of the company
* Provide leadership and training to ownership on the management of the Profit & Loss Statement and the Balance Sheet.
* Develop KPIs and weekly feedback to all managers within the organization
* Provide direction and leadership to sales to facilitate the rapid growth and seasonality challenges of this industry
* Project a positive, can-do attitude that ensures subordinate support for company's mission
* Communicate with the President in a timely manner regarding potential problems and/or recommendations for improving results
* Effectively manage and schedule all subordinates to complete all events and projects on-time and within budget
* Insure that all events meet the high quality standards required by our company
* Responsible for continuously monitoring profitability of events
* Write reports, business correspondence and effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
* Management by example with the ability to solve practical problems
* Professional aptitude to attend management meetings and interact with financial institutions, customers, employees, vendors and team members
* Ensure that strict safety standards are followed at all times
* Seven (7) years' experience in operations with verifiable leadership responsibilities
* P & L responsibility and the ability to manage to the bottom-line.
* A Degree in Business Management, Engineering Management or Production Management is preferred
* Functional experience with strategic and operational planning, human capital management, event planning, safety and security compliance requirements
* Experience in managing operations (projects) at or below budget through subordinate personnel
* Verifiable success at forecasting material, equipment and manpower
* Self-Motivated with the desire to function independently while working closely with the President on the achievement of the company mission
* Verifiable expertise with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel)
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
* A passion for quality, timely work within budgeted guidelines
We are an equal employment opportunity employer with a drug free work place. In addition to the competitive salary, incentives, and comprehensive benefits, we provide the opportunity to lead the continued growth of our organization. We hire only the best and the brightest. If you consider yourself one of the best General Managers in the country, please email your resume to Human Resources.