- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
We are seeking a General Manager. The General Manager will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
* Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
* Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
* Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
* Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
* Conduct periodic departmental audits.
* Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
* Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
* Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
* Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
* Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
* Create and present location(s) annual budget.
* College degree or equivalent business management experience.
* Management experience required.
* Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
* Experience with deviated fixed route a plus.
* Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
* Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
* MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
* Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.