This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Jersey Village, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Koontz-Wagner
Summary: Responsible for the Leadership and supervision of the manufacturing activities of a plant facility. Duties include but not limited to managing day to day direct reports, coordinating manufacturing processes, inventory, shop operations, and scheduling to meet customer needs. Ensure the continuous and efficient production of goods with quality and safety as set forth by company objectives and standards.
* Formulates short-range plans and advises manufacturing business leader on long-range plans of the facility to optimize growth and profitability.
* Defines organizational structure and staffing needs to ensure an effective and economical operation; approves additions to the division's staff.
* Establishes, communicates and enforces corporate and divisional operating policies and procedures.
* Fosters and maintains inter-divisional relations to promote and enhance corporate objectives.
* Develops and administers budgets, review results, identifies problem accounts and implements corrective action.
* Reviews profitability (results vs plan). Identifies problem areas and implements corrective action.
* Directs delegates and controls staff work related activities.
* Evaluates staff performance and implements salary adjustments, promotions and transfers. Completes a thorough and complete performance evaluation on each direct report at least once per year and makes sure this is properly completed for all divisional salaried personnel.
* Directs and monitors compliments with Federal and State Laws.
* Directs staff activities to ensure control of production labor and material costs, product quality, and customer service.
* Overseas all invoicing, purchasing and office functions. Makes sure billings go out within one week after shipment and progress billings are maximized.
* Oversees Engineering activities.
* Directs sales activities by recommending overall pricing policies, negotiate pricing and terms, negotiating and administering sales contracts, and provide quotations based on mark up of cost estimates.
* Supervises cost estimating to ensure accuracy in predicting our costs.
* Maintain good customer relations
* Interface with Marketing Services in the development of new markets and advertising and promotion literature, etc.
* Estimates and negotiates contract changes with customers.
* Compiles, edits and issues invoicing.
* Initiates credit approval with corporate accounting on new contracts.
* Reviews and resolves problems as required with divisional operations as required.
* Makes annual budgets and sales forecasts for incorporating into profit plan projection.
* Administers department budgets and reviews results verses plan, and applies corrective action where warranted.
* Ability to read and interpret design and shop detail drawings and customer specifications.
* Strong knowledge of project management/sales procedures in a manufacturing environment.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to meet deadlines, to act professionally and with integrity, and to work effectively under pressure.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
* Applies judgment effectively in problem solving.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Uses resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Provides direction and development opportunity to team; clearly states expectations.
* Broad understanding of the company's business, financial and budgeting needs; continuously seeks to improve processes or structure.
* Ability to sit, walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to type on a keyboard.
* Ability to converse over a telephone.
* Must be able to perform visual inspections.
Experience: Must have a minimum five years' experience in a manufacturing setting
Education, Training & Certification: Bachelor's degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Special Requirements: Up to 10-20% travel required
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.