- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
General Manager (Maintenance-Vehicles, Equipment and Facility)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MV is seeking a Deputy General Manager of Maintenance of Vehicles, Equipment and Facilities. We seek a dynamic, multi task oriented senior professional to provide oversight and support for several maintenance divisions. The General Manager of Maintenance will insure that all contractual requirements are achieved. Duties included will consist the monitoring of daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports. The General Manager will oversee 2 locations must be able to properly manage a budget for maintenance program and innovative preventive maintenance initiatives.
This position is located in San Diego. Relocation assistance is available.
* Must have a minimum of eight (8) to10 combined years of fixed route and paratransit bus maintenance management experience coupled with multi location experience.
* Must have experience managing/ directing 20 plus employees (fleet techs/service workers/cleaners).
* Experience working with 100+ buses within the last year.
* Experience working in transit industry within the last year.
* Previous passenger transportation in current project or similar environment preferred.
* Must have client interface track record on strategic fleet initiatives, OSHA regulations and environmental requirements.
* Must be able to manage and interface with unionized labor
* Must have the ability to track and control parts inventories, vendors and suppliers and warranty cost savings.
* Must be able to properly prioritize, implement and manage work schedules, projects and assignments for multi locations.
* Must be able to manage the financial/accounting aspects of a fleet maintenance operation.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff in written and oral formats.
* Must have technical competence with light/medium/heavy duty vehicle repair and preventive maintenance.
* Must display initiative, professionalism, candor and tact at all times.
* ASE or manufacture's certifications a plus.
* Technical experience with fixed route/coach transit bus maintenance.
* Solid knowledge of managing audits, PM schedules.
* Experience with Diesel, CNG, and Alternative fuels a plus.
* College degree or equivalent business management experience.
* Management experience required.
* Eight (8) to10 year's transportation/transit experience.
* Experienced in Word, Excel and database software and fleet software platforms.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* High degree of multi-tasking skills.
* Must have a CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsement.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required for this position. MV Transportation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.