This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
HURLBURT JOHNSON FRIENDSHIP HOUSE INC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HURLBURT JOHNSON FRIENDSHIP HOUSE
JOB DESCRIPTION GENERAL MANAGER
This position requires excellent leadership and program planning skills with proficiency in social service administration, communication, public-relations, fundraising and media work. Strong financial management skills, and understanding of social issues impacting people who are homeless and an ability to develop effective intervention strategies are also required. A four-year college degree is required, preferably with major in business/non-profit management, social work, or a related field.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To develop, plan, implement and manage services for homeless persons in Western North Carolina, carrying out the mission of the Friendship House as defined by the Board of Directors. Manage programs and lead staff in daily activities and long-term plans for the Friendship House and ReSeller Store. Maintain sound financial practices including fund raising, budget development and implementation.
* PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT: Oversee all agency programs and facilities, including emergency, supportive and transitional services for the homeless.
* FUND RAISING: Investigate funding opportunities, write or supervise the writing of grant proposals and direct other funding initiatives.
* STAFF SUPERVISION AND DEVELOPMENT: Responsible for maintaining staff for all Friendship House/
Reseller services and programs. Lead the management team in selecting candidates, providing in-service training and ongoing management of all staff.
* BUDGET CONTROLS AND FINANCIAL REPORTING: Work with the finance committee to present a balanced budget for Board approval. Ensure compliance with approved budget. Account for all fiscal, professional and volunteer services. Ensure accurate reporting procedures for all projects and programs.
* POLICY AND PROCEDURE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION: Develop and implement Friendship House policies in conjunction with the Board and administrative staff. Maintain a complete and accurate collection of all policies approved by the Board as well as all administrative procedures, which may not require Board approval. Ensure Friendship House is functioning in compliance with Friendship House policy.
* COMMUNITY RELATIONS: Represent the Friendship House to the public and on community coalitions and councils. Present seminars, speeches and offer interviews to the media on the issues of homelessness. Link with city, state and national efforts in the field. Educate homeless individuals about the services that are available to them. Inform the public about the real causes and complications of homelessness. Recruit and effectively utilize volunteers.
* LEGAL AFFAIRS: Sign contracts as authorized by the Board. Ensure compliance with all contracts. Maintain all Friendship House records in compliance with Board approved budgets and policies.
* ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: The General Manager reports directly to the Board of Directors and serves at the pleasure of the Board. All other staff report directly or indirectly to the General Manager.
* DIMENSIONS: Primary service programs.
The General Manager will also be responsible for managing all program operations for the Hurlburt-Johnson Friendship House, Inc.
* The HJFH General Manager will oversee the maintenance of shelter records, administrative records and resident records.