General Manager / Operations Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
industrial goods distributor
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for managing entire distribution operations and functions within an organization.
* Oversee warehouse operations.
* Order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements for machines.
* Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
* Develop and implement a logistics process.
* Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
* Review and approve purchase orders.
* Ship finished products.
* Handle incoming raw materials.
* Ascertain how much freight to place on shipments.
* Devise routes for shipments.
* Deploy truck drivers.
* Monitor progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
* Direct the activities of logistics division.
* Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
* Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
* Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods. Convince retailers to carry their products.
* Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
* Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
* Ensure inventory maintains optimal levels.
* Take orders over the phone, Internet, or through email.
* Put together catalogues advertising products.
* Visit retailers to demonstrate products.
* Negotiate contracts and prices.
* Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
* Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
* Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
* Ensures compliance with standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
* Balances work capacity/loading across the distribution center.
* Determines head count needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
* Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
* Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
* Communication Proficiency.
* Problem Solving/Analysis.
* Project Management.
* Strategic Thinking.
This role is responsible for daily supervision of a team of managers, supervisors and administrative personnel (50-plus employees)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree.
* 10+ years of leadership experience in a distribution setting.
* Strong leadership skills
* Stable work history
* Proven track record of success
Company will pay for relocation