General Manager 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The General Manager (GM) provides the leadership expertise that ensures the effective and efficient operation including, but not limited to, the quality and legal defensibility of services provided, and the achievement of stated operational goals and profitability objectives. Manage the operations of the hotel in order to maximize profitability and to ensure superior guest service and product quality.
Lead the development and/or implementation of business strategies, which are aligned with the ownership's overall mission, vision, values and strategies:
* Participate in the development and execution of the Hotel's business strategies.
* Communicate effectively and efficiently with ownership at the direction of the VP-Operations.
* Effectively present and speak to the overall business strategies of the hotel.
Maximize profitability and revenue of the Hotel:
* Operate Hotel in accordance with standards of operations.
* Develop and implement operating procedures and standards that support associates in their effort to deliver exceptional service and teamwork.
* Control costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control and other expense management systems.
Create guest satisfaction by providing associates with the training and resources they need to maximize associates engagement and deliver exceptional service and teamwork:
* Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
* Ensure that associates provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
* Use teamwork to support guests/members and associates.
* Seek opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking guest feedback, reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
* Provide associates with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver exceptional service and teamwork.
Develop and implement strategies and practices which support associate engagement:
* Provide associates with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
* Communicate performance expectations and provides associates with on-going feedback.
* Provide associates with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
Direct the maximization of room revenue by anticipation of market shifts, development and monitoring of annual business and marketing plans, and participating in appropriate national marketing efforts.
Measure the effectiveness of broad-based marketing plans and yield management efforts to maximize the number of market segments needed and to diversify the sources of revenues.
Ensure the development of a realistic and attainable strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability objectives.
Coordinate capital improvement projects to maintain/upgrade quality standards and property image, and to protect assets from neglect, damage or deterioration.
Establish and oversee maintenance of a proactive Human Resources department to ensure a productive, participative, and comfortable work environment in which all associates are valued and treated lawfully and consistently, and to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment and labor laws and regulations.
Direct, manage, train and counsel sales, catering and revenue management staff. Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and guest meetings.
Develop and maintain rapport with key community contacts to ensure a visible presence in the community.
Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined in the company SOPs.
Be an effective leader and a role model to all associates.
Candidates most successful in this role will display the following characteristics:
* Leadership - Achieves results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals; possesses strong initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions; advanced presentation skills; ability to present and defend models and decisions in front of executive team members and ownership; extroverted; enthusiastically and authoritatively stimulates others to action.
* Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; able to cross-analyze various dates, detect trends and variations, grasp and understand complex data models; mathematical comprehension, advanced knowledge of formulas and calculations will be necessary to develop and understand trend analysis tools; ability to understand current economic conditions and watch for coming trends.
* Professionalism - Builds rapport and relationships with individuals and groups through outgoing, poised and persuasive communication; maintains a full commitment to the success of the business and high standards of achievement through ethical practices.
* Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or delegates effectively to proven individuals.
* Excellent Communication Skills - Written & Verbal (English required, other languages helpful)
* Moderate to advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
* High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor's Degree strongly desired, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Business Administration, or equivalent education/experience.
* Minimum of six years' progressive hotel management experience required. Previous experience as a Dept. Head required, previous General Manager or Director of Operations experience highly desired.CHA Certification preferred. Ch
* Travel will be required within the U.S. occasionally. Approximate travel time is up to 10%.
* Valid Drivers' License Required.
* Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to relate to, communicate with, and motivate associates to sustain high performance and quality levels.
* Demonstrated ability to improve the speed and direction of decisions by clarifying and setting goals, sharing perspectives on reality, identifying options, and creating consensus on a way forward (action steps).
* Extensive knowledge of revenue management, forecasting and budgeting.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO