General Manager / Plant Manager - Operations And R & D 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY: Confidential
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER / PLANT MANAGER - OPERATIONS AND R&D
LOCATION: Macon, GA
REPORTING: VP of Operations
COMPENSATION: Excellent Compensation and benefit package
RELOCATION: Relocation Available
Market leading commercial products company seeking to further advance its leadership team with a General Manager to lead operations and R&D for fast growing commercial products business.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a key site leadership position at one of our client's flagship stand-alone business operations located just south of Atlanta. Reporting directly to the VP of Operations, this position will require a candidate with solid leadership and General Management experience, preferably with a high mix commercial product related background. Key to success in this role requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive service, quality, cost and safety leveraging solid engineering skills in a fast paced commercial product environment. The position will require a leader with a strong blend of business management and technical skills in order to meet the business's market growth objectives, leveraging his/her background and experience to drive results via credibility, influence and leadership by example.
* This position will be responsible for manufacturing operations, enabling managers to achieve monthly and annual targets in service, quality, cost, safety, and other key performance targets.
* This role will lead by example to drive and sustain the cultural and technical changes necessary to make our client's plant a best in class Lean manufacturer.
* This role will serve as the leader and catalyst for implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools, and techniques within the plant.
* This position will be responsible for the preparation of annual operating budgets, business plans for both the plant and distribution center.
* This position will have responsibility for the management of the people resource through good practice, employee appraisal systems, implementation of compensation and benefit programs, communication systems, and performance management techniques
* In addition to managing the sites operations team this role will also manage the business's R&D teams, working closely with customers and marketing leaders to develop product solutions to meet market demands.
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): TECHNICAL BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* BSDegreeEngineering or Business / MBA or M.S. Advanced Degreepreferred
* 10+ years of increasing responsibility in manufacturing leadership roles
* Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5s, SMED, and other continuous improvement methodologies
* Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a Plus
* Experience in a high mix product environment a plus
* Strong financial acumen - understanding of 4 wall operating costs and P+L measures
* Knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Power Point required
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): SKILL/ABILITY BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skillsedge, energy and the ability to lead and energize others.
* Demonstrated track record of promotion within a minimum of two different organizations / business cultures
* Strong ability to quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength
* Ability to work under pressure of multiple projects and deadlines sometime with conflicting requirements
* Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction and priority
* Ability to develop, interpret and apply required policies and procedures
* Ability to address tactical business shortcomings with strategic solutions
* Ability to build buy-in with multiple stakeholders with sometime conflicting priorities
* Motivated to take on a career enhancing challenge high level of energy