General Manager, Property Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
General Manager, Property Management
Auto Req ID
The General Manager will manage properties as directed by the property owners and in accordance with the standards and procedures of JLL. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is achieving stated financial results (NOI and cash flow) and operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, operating expense control, etc.). The GM is responsible for working directly with the client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. Once developed, the GM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (e.g. leasing specialists, vendors, and contractors). The GM provides excellent communication (both written and verbal) to both building owners and tenants to ensure an ongoing, successful relationship.
The GM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building personnel (e.g., Chief Engineer and engineering staff, Property Administrator, etc.). Ensure 100% compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle IPMP process and coordinate with immediate supervisor and HR to address any personnel performance issues. Maintain all personnel files and approve timesheets, distribute checks, and file payroll registers. Additionally, the GM is responsible for representing Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote Jones Lang LaSalle s reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
The GM reports to the Group Manager, Operations Manager.
* Develops, gains consensus for, and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
* Assist in completing the Management Audit.
* Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and / or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Assist in managing tenant option rights and information.
* Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
* Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services.
* Identify and initiate process improvements for all current property systems.
* Oversees completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual owner s reports.
* Prepare and/or review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required.
* Prepares the final budget documentation (i.e., explanatory notes). Plans and administers budget for the office building(s).
* Works with Client Accounting Services (CAS) in Westmont, IL to manage the accounting process and directs on-site bookkeeping functions and collection process.
* Prepares and / or reviews adjustments to tenant billing process.
* Reviews and approves all accounts payable, ensuring accurate general ledge coding and property allocations.
* Prepares and / or reviews financial statements and reports on status of office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
* Prepares and / or reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Group Manager.
CLIENT | TENANT SERVICES
* Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement and of leased premises as dictated by lessee's agreement.
* Maintains role as a secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests. Proactively meets with tenant representatives on scheduled basis.
* Oversees Tenant Guide for property and services.
* Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory of building contents and property condition, and forwards listing to client for review.
* Develop and implement a tenant retention program.
* Cross-sells all Jones Lang LaSalle services.
* Establishes written goals and objectives for employees directly reporting to the role of general manager.
* Conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* An Associate s or Bachelor s degree
* Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience.
* Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
* Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.)
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurements of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology.
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
* LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
* Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
* CPM and/or RPA designation desirable.
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
In compliance with The American s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
* Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
* The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
* Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
* Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
* Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
* Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43500BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or