General Manager, QIAGEN Beverly 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Functional Area: Management
This role is responsible for directing all administrative and operational functions for the Beverly, MA facilities. QIAGEN Beverly is a rapidly growing organization and the GM will bear responsibility for developing the physical, financial, and organizational structure of the company such that it will sustain and thrive through the next 5 years with a CAGR of 15% expected.
The incumbent will have P&L responsibility for the QIAGEN Beverly location and Operations activities for Enzymatics and Quanta units. Oversees or coordinates all operational segments of business, including sales, marketing finance, administration, facilities management, safety compliance, Quality Management System, and materials management, manufacturing and R&D. This position will bear responsibility for ensuring delivery of overall business objectives starting with revenue achievement and cost management. In addition, the GM will also develop and implement improvement strategies, including finance, information management (including ERP/MRP), ISO and QMS, Human Resources, and general business efficiency improvements.
- Developing and managing budget for revenue and costs,
- Oversee day-to-day operations within Beverly and coordinate customer activities with other QIAGEN locations,
- Direct management of QA, SCM, MFG, facilities and R&D organizations located in Beverly,
- Dotted line management of Sales, Marketing, Finance and HR organizations,
- Manage general site activities,
- Responsible for the establishment and achievement of key performance goals for each of these areas of responsibility to ensure budgetary objectives are met,
- Manage administrative team (Office Manager, Supply Chain Manager.
- 10 years management experience with a minimum of five years with direct responsibility for delivering business goals across multiple functions (deliver overall P&L) .
- Excellent knowledge in key Operational and HR areas (such as Sales Management, Manufacturing, QA/QC Operational HR, Talent Management, Organizational Design, Training & Development, Policy, etc.).
- Proven leadership abilities with ability to manage a customization business as well create and maintain a high performance organization.
- Ability to multitask at all times on diverse project base.
- Ability to rapid drive decisions in a large organization through strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Self directed, driven, highly motivated to complete tasks within tight deadlines.
- High business acumen and business understanding.
- Education BS/Masters in Business or Science required, PhD in Biochemistry an advantage
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Able to operate in a highly matrixed, cross-functional, global environment.
- Drive and Determination.
- Strong skills in relationship building.
- High level of service orientation.
- Resilient and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Proven ability to lead and encourage mangers and their teams. Coaching is a key part of these duties.
- Demonstrated Scientific problem solving skills, translated into consultative selling process where the win is for both the client and the company.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.