This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Basketball Training Systems
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONBTS GENERAL MANAGER- JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: GENERAL MANAGER (GM)
LOCATION: ST LOUIS MISSOURI WITH FREQUENT TRAVEL AROUND THE UNITED STATES
REPORTS TO: LARRY HUGHES, CHAIRMAN AND RICHARD CAMPBELL, CO-FOUNDER AND INTERIM CEO
DIRECT REPORTS (WHOM THE GM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GROWING AND MANAGING AS AND WHEN HIRED):
1. Marketing team
2. Business Trainers advising Licensee's
3. Coaches and Trainers advising Licensees
4. Administrative Staff
Reporting to the CEO, the GM is responsible for the daily operations, managing the BTS system development and implementation, revenue through licensee signings and retention, Licensee development including Licensee BTS employee development and oversight, licensee interaction, expense management, and managing the career development and advancement of staff to ensure the highest level of customer-focus, along with a quality work environment and employee and Licensee experience.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE
i. Hygiene is excellent
ii. Dress code
iii. Physical appearance
iv. Lives up to a "High Moral Code"
v. Oversees and leads by example in excellence in punctuality, participation & execution
a. To the job
b. To the employees
c. To the communities in which BTS operates
d. Fostering a "No Secrets rule"
e. Follow through
f. Creativity & Ideas
g. Oversight of sales and Licensee recruiting, participation in events representing the Company
Preparing your Direct Reports to effectively manage and grow
STAFF LEADERSHIP. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
i. Creating a winning and energizing work environment
ii. Creating an empowering work environment
iii. Creating an efficient work environment
iv. Creating strong communicators
i. Assure that the staff are creating a positive experience for our Licensees
ii. Develop a company culture that creates champions in our Licensee Advisory Teams to enlist more qualified team members that fit the culture of the Company, and to enlist successful licensees as best source for additional membership opportunities
2. STAFFING OF LICENSEE ADVISORY TEAM
* Assure staff is training to reach for higher goals
* Manage operations and staffing efficiently
* Assure punctuality and quality of interaction with ALL constituents
* Manage staff level against P&L
* Develop staff knowledge of the Company culture, business systems and IT system
* Performance reviews completed timely
* Conduct weekly staff meetings both group and individual
3. SUPPORT OF PHYSICAL FACILITIES
* Maintain clean and organized environment at the home office and at each of the licensee facilities
* Establish and execute on company standards for cleanliness, maintenance, safety, and security
* Assure proper attire is worn by staff
4. SUPPORT OF SALES AND MARKETING, INCLUDING
* Implement and support company sales programs to generate new sales
* Implement and support company corporate sponsorship programs to generate new corporate sponsorships
* Assure there are always active sales programs underway
* Train staff on sales
* Regularly work with your team on licensee pipeline development
5. P&L RESPONSIBILITY
* Understand your general financial statements including your profit and loss drivers, Gross Margin, and Cost Centers
* Know weekly, monthly financial goals
* Lead staff to accomplish stated financial goals
* Review monthly P&L statement with Owners
* Oversee all program revenue goals
* Oversee expense management goals
* Watch for and tackle problems early
* Communicate bad news to CEO and Chairman quickly
* Communicate often
* Be email proficient-non-urgent communications should generally be done by email.
* Work proficiency with internal reporting system, using them to monitor and modify activities regularly
* Have a working knowledge of all standard operating procedures and policies.
* Ensure the implementation of standard policies and procedures for business and financial management.
* Train Staff on how to successfully resolve customer service challenges
* Exceptional communication skills.
* Computer literate.
* A flexible and positive attitude.