This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a General Manager. The General Manager will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
* Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
* Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
* Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
* Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
* Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
* Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
* Conduct periodic departmental audits.
* Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
* Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
* Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
* Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
* Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
* Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
* Create and present location(s) annual budget.
* College degree or equivalent business management experience.
* Management experience required.
* Must have a minimum of (5) five years of comprehensive experience in operations management and a combination of (7) seven years of management or supervisory experience in a paratransit environment with knowledge of Trapeze scheduling software.
* Experience with deviated fixed route a plus.
* Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
* Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
* MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
* Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. MV Transportation is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. MV Transportation, Inc. provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.