General Manager - Select Services Hotel 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Strong General Manager with at least 5+ years of hotel management experience preferably in urban hotel environment. Proven track record to lead a 45+ staff for this select service Hyatt brand. General Manager must have strong business acumen to ensure profitability, controlling of expenses and maximizes results through proper revenue management. This person will be hands on in accounts management and be responsible for the Hotel's P&L. Strong communication skills to engage hotel team members in delivering excellent guest service, ensure cleanliness, operate the food & beverage component, and quality of delivering to group business/social functions. Hold management team accountable for smooth operation of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Facility and Guest Service standards.
Leads the team by example of strong work ethics, positive enthusiasm and good judgement. Responsible to hire quality team members and act as a mentor to develop and motivate others.
Full Job Description may be furnished upon request
* Bachelors Degreepreferred or hotel university program
* Brand experience strongly preferred
* 5+ years experience as a general manager role or progressive hotel experience including leadership over direct sales efforts producing at least 50% market mix of Total Revenues
* Proven success in guest service results
* Excellent communication skills to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written, as well as effective listening skills to understand issues and work toward problem resolution
* Intellectual ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
* Financial acumen required to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic mathematical functions
* Drive for Results demonstrated through successful performance in prior leadership positions
* Action Orientation to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue and operational objectives. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
* Proficient in Excel, outlook and Word
* Profit sword, Ultimate software/HRIS or other system platform experience a plus