General Manager - Shopping Centers 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ATARID, Nationwide Specialist Recruiters to the Property, Hospitality and Asset Management Industries are being retained by our Client, a property management corporation who is seeking an experienced:
General Manager - Shopping Centers
Job Id# EB-1710975059
* Will assume overall responsibility for the operations of a large shopping center and a small portfolio of properties within the surrounding area. Will operate the center in accordance with company policies with the ultimate goal to maximize profitability.
* Thorough understanding of mechanical systems, construction practices, preventative maintenance and government regulations.
* Comprehensive understanding of operation methods, keeping common area costs under strict control.
* Will administer the physical operations of the center, oversees general and preventative property maintenance, construction coordination, public safety, housekeeping and other contracted services.
* Responsible for forecasting property expenses, managing capital projects, preparing operational reports, assisting with specialty leasing and marketing programs, and identifying and resolving staffing and HR issues.
* Focused on refining operational methods for the center and improving NOI.
* Supervise, train, and monitor work of maintenance staff. Provide direction to both in performing related functions in the proper manner.
* Research and design programs to streamline work and add efficiencies to property management.
* Interface with other company departments to insure a smooth and efficient work process through effective communications and team work.
* Communicate with tenants to address, resolve, interpret, judge, or enforce the lease and any concerns, requests, or problems. Respond to and resolve tenant requests in an expedient manner.
* Respond to tenant concerns, including acting on call for after hour emergencies. Coordinate repairs, upgrades, new construction or tenant build-out with contractors, tenants and other departments from planning stages until turnover.
* Perform regular inspections of properties, primarily common areas, dependent upon landlord obligations, location, and current projects on site. Oversee necessary repairs and institute upgrades at plazas. Maintain an excellent exterior appearance of the property.
* Review all policies and covenants relating to tenant leases to ensure proper enforcement.
* Communicate and discuss lease with tenants. Review all emergency management policies for property management including plumbing, electrical, telephone, fire, law enforcement, and lighting.
* Review all relevant vendor contracts to determine which contracts should be renegotiated and/or rebid for prudent fiscal management.
* Obtain estimates, review and negotiate contracts, obtain necessary permits and award contracts.
* Oversee work of and monitor services of contractors to insure work is carried out properly.
* Perform final inspection and photo documentation of construction/repair work, and insure completed work meets tenant/company requirements.
* Oversee the safety and overall appearance of properties.
* Correspond with local municipal authorities regarding notices and enforcement of local ordinance and codes.
* Issue purchase orders and approve invoices and provide support documentation to expedite voucher process.
* Complete paperwork associated with each plaza/property.
* Perform pre/post vacancy tenant inspections.
* Prepare and monitor aspects of costs and budgets as related to properties.
Experience & Qualifications:
* 5-7+ years' experience with overall responsibility for multiple retail outlets including shopping centers. Ensure maintenance and upkeep of the facilities.
* Supervisory and management responsibilities of staff Property Portfolio Managers, Maintenance Personnel, Vendors and Tenants.
* Excellent organizational, written and communication skills.
* Experience in construction especially related to mechanical aspects is preferred.
* Ability to perform and knowledgeable in a variety of maintenance tasks.
* Travel - 85% within Florida
Salary: $80,000-$120,000 DoE plus Comprehensive Benefits Package includes Healthcare, PTO.
Company vehicle is provided - excellent clean driving license/record is required.
Reply today with your current, up to date resume in the strictest confidence.
Are you part of the ATARID NETWORK Join the ATARID NETWORK today - you will be kept informed of career opportunities, salaries and related industry information.
ATARID's Specialist Recruiters work with you to ensure you are matched to the career opportunity of choice. ATARID has connections with leading Property, Hospitality and Asset Management Corporations throughout major cities across USA.