General Manager (Valpak)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONDescription Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is looking for General Manager to join their team. The General Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of print and digital sales strategies. Strategies will be aligned to identify, develop and close business opportunities resulting in significant incremental top and bottom line growth in this major Valpak market.
WHY A CAREER WITH VALPAK?
* WORK FOR AWARD-WINNING BRANDS. Our brands are among the best in the industry, often ranking number one in their market.
* BE YOURSELF. MAKE US BETTER. Innovation thrives in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage everyone to contribute their best ideas.
* OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE. Through career development, ongoing and on-the-job training and a commitment to hiring from within, our employees help define their own career paths.
* WE ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. We are actively involved in community service or contributes financially to local nonprofit organizations.
* Meets or exceeds all revenue goals, up to and including EBITDA, new business and right sized business goals for all Valpak products.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; developing alternative solutions.
* Ensures profitability for the office by making recommendations for improvement to established pricing, holding the sales management team accountable for adhering to the pricing structure and controlling expenses within the office.
* Maintains accurate forecasting for all category revenue by overseeing the delivery and submission of regular pipeline reports to manage internal finance and business expectations.
* Ensures sales management team recruits and hires salespeople to meet market demands and trains management staff on all Valpak products and selling skills.
* Motivates and engages the entire sales team to deliver top sales performance, while holding each accountable for individual performance.
* Understands the competitive landscape regarding the competition and monitors industry trends.
* Leads by example regarding diversity and inclusion practices in all areas of the day to day business.
* Performs all other duties as assigned or directed.
Minimum 8 years progressive sales or business management experience in media or direct marketing.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Cox Media Group. Cox Target Media helps companies of all sizes connect with consumers to drive business results through its Valpak and Savings.com businesses.
With innovative & complementary digital advertising products, more than 170 franchisees provide Valpak's proven direct marketing products to over 65,000 businesses in North America. Valpak mails more than 20 billion coupons reaching over 45 million select households every month in over 100 markets. In all, nearly 500 million blue envelopes will mail annually. And we connect with millions of consumers every day through valpak.com and mobile apps.
Valpak offers and provides a competitive pay and benefits package including health and dental, paid time off, and 401(k) matching. We re hiring individuals who will help us accomplish our goals with Speed, Passion and Courage.
Valpak is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities/Veterans/Women/Disabled.
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-CA-Los Angeles-100 Corporate Pointe
Travel:Yes, 5 % of the Time