General Manager 8/16/2016
Taubensee Steel & Wire Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Taubensee Steel & Wire Company, a leader in the cold drawn steel bar and wire markets, is seeking a GM. The Wheeling General Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling and coordinating the entire efforts of the Wheeling manufacturing facility to ensure a safe, efficient and profitable operation which will produce top quality coiled steel wire and bar and maintain our company culture. In addition, this position is part of the Senior Leadership Team that guides and executes TSW's strategic plan.
Main responsibilities will include:
* Responsible for making safety a #1 priority in the TSW Wheeling Plant.
* Responsible for operating a highly efficient and profitable facility while upholding the policies, practices, procedures and ethics as set forth by the Executive Management of Taubensee Steel & Wire Co.
* Responsible for overseeing the Wheeling ISO quality system and facilitating monthly Management Review meetings.
* Responsible for supervision and leadership of all Mill Management, Team Leaders, Team Members and Administrative Staff personnel.
* Responsible for plant set-up and production flow throughout the Wheeling facility.
* Responsible for maintaining a thorough knowledge of all machine capabilities to ensure top efficiencies and machine utilization.
* Responsible for maintaining a pulse on sales, materials and scheduling information flow from corporate office.
* Responsible for overseeing maintenance of all inventories.
* Coordinates with Engineering and Maintenance for required equipment repairs, maintenance troubleshooting, etc.
* Coordinates with Human Resources for all employee relations/employment practice issues to keep pulse on team environment and maintain Teamsters relationship. Assists with union grievances and contract negotiations.
* Oversees all safety and environmental programs in coordination with established policies at TSW.
* Coordinates with Executive Management and other affected functions to establish new practices and continuous improvement projects.
* Creates facility wide annual budget that is to be approved by the Executive Committee and is accountable for achievement of that budget.
* College Degreerequired, Master's Degreepreferred.
* Physical ability to operate all facility equipment if the need arises.
* Seven (7) + years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting.
* Exceptional communication and organizational skills
* Extensive team building and leadership skills
* Proven ability to display self-confidence, motivation, decisiveness, and flexibility,
* Logical, organized approach enabling the entire day-to-day operation to run smoothly.
* A genuinely honest, trustworthy, dedicated and loyal employee.
* Thorough knowledge of steel wire manufacturing preferred but not required.
* Previous ISOexperiencepreferred.
* Strong knowledge of major quality systems.
* Proficient Computer aptitude.
* Positive attitude with the ability to think critically and problem solve.