This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONTheGeneral Manager manages all aspects of the distribution center including facilities, employee staffing, employee reviews; financial information including weekly flash reports, budgeting and profit/loss statements. The General Manager I ensures accounts receive full, requested productivity and quality levels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Conducts analysis of workload as compared to manpower and equipment.
* Participates in annual Budget preparation.
* Has full P&L responsibilities for facility.
* Reports of department and/or account productivity and profitability.
* Ensures work schedules in place to promote efficiency.
* Reviews all equipment preventative maintenance schedules and work orders.
* Develops daily productivity tracking by employee and charts monthly progress.
* Ensures proper percentage of labor is charged to respective departments to ensure proper factoring is achieved to identify accurate productivity.
* Implements safety and sanitation schedules that ensure the facilities compliance with corporate, OSHA, FDA, AIB or ASI standards.
* Ensures meetings are held reviewing warehouse issues.
* Ensures the daily pre-shift meetings cover previous productivity, operational problems, forecasting workload and any other pertinent company information.
* Annual review of customer contracts, determining and recommending annual increases to the Regional Vice-President and Director of Business Development.
* Reviews and coordinates all shift paperwork in a timely manner .
* Audits all billing activity for accuracy. Properly signs and authorizes all purchase order requisitions, vouchers and customer billing.
* Coordinates all alarm-monitoring systems and reviews sprinkler system testing.
* Conducts monthly review of aging for accounts receivable and works closely with the Director and Corporate office to recover balances in a timely fashion.
* Acts as the coordinator for all physical inventories.
* Acts as stock controller and communicates any discrepancies.
* Coordinates with customers any product recall programs.
* Participates in department or company meetings.
* Assumes responsibilities of Operational Supervisors/Managers on vacation.
* Visits other warehouses and attends affiliated meetings if necessary
* Ensures pallet control standards are being met.
* Manages a warehouse that totals between 100,000 and 200,000 sq. ft.
* Manage between 1-3 customers in the warehouse.
* 8-10 years managerial experience in a warehouse or distribution environment.
* Minimum 8-10 years previous experience managing a warehouse/distribution center totaling 100,000 plus sq with total revenues of 1m
* Computer applications using MS office
* Computer applications experience using T-Logic or warehouse operating system desired
* Working knowledge of warehouse / mechanical equipment
* Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, HAZMAT, FDA regulations and the willingness to become certified in one or more of these areas as necessary
* Excellent supervisory skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
* Experience with Exceed 4000 WMS, utilizing RF technology a plus
* Must be able to work in varying facility conditions
* Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
* Must be on-call for alarm system or problems during off work hours
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development