General Mechanic - Marinette, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Mechanic - Marinette, WI
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Job Summary The Maintenance Department is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all equipment associated with the production, packaging, and distribution of Kimberly Clark products.
Model safe behavior at all times, and actively participates in safety improvement activities.
* Identifies patterns of failures and ways to design out failures.
* Support the planning and execution of daily/weekly/and shutdown activities
* Participate in cost effective decision making (for example/ labor, parts, and materials).
* Demonstrates collaboration by continually demonstrating adult behavior and actively participating in team activities to provide the highest level of service and equipment to the Marinette Mill.
* High-speed Equipment Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Repair
* Hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical power transmission systems troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
* Basic Pipefitting, Welding, Machining, Alignment, and Rigging
* Working knowledge of Piping, Welding and Electrical Codes & Standards
* Reading/interpreting hydraulic prints, pneumatic diagrams, blueprints technical manuals.
* Knowledge of Basic AC electricity and motor control theory
* Demonstrate flexibility to work overtime, shifts, and travel as needed
* The ability and initiative to work with minimal supervision
* Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with members of all departments
* The ability to communicate (written and oral) effectively
* The ability to adhere to Internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Basic Qualifications Required:
High School diploma/GED
Certified by the state with 3 or more years of Industrial Mechanical experience or a two year technical degree with 3 or more years of Industrial Mechanical experience
Ability to work 8 or 12 hour rotating shifts including weekends.
Experience with high speed manufacturing and converting equipment in the paper industry is preferred
Good problem solving and decision making skills
Ability to work safe in a multi-functional team environment
Able to handle multiple priorities
Solid team player interested in helping others
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Primary Location USA-WI-Marinette
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time