General Office Worker/Courier
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
JOB TITLE: GENERAL OFFICE WORKER/COURIER
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
The GOW supports CIS Adjudications functions by providing clerical and administrative support in the processing of N-400 (Application for Naturalization) and I-485 (Application to Register as a Permanent Resident or Adjust Status).
Provide courier services to support the FOSS contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS): GENERAL OFFICE WORKER
* General Office Workers provide support for the processing of other forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
* GOWs perform all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
* GOWs contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
* They file copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions): Courier
- Will be responsible for the pickup and delivery of U.S. Government mail including regular, bulk, classified, pouch, and guard mail.
- Drives light trucks, vans, or other type government vehicles to deliver messages, documents, packages, and mail to various Government agencies and business concerns.
- Operate government vehicle according to applicable motor vehicle regulations, traffic laws, company policy and safety guidelines, standard operating procedures, auto insurance guidelines, and vehicle check and accident/damage notification requirements.
- He or she may transport office personnel and visitors, and perform miscellaneous errands such as carrying mail to and from the post office and sorting or opening incoming and outgoing mail.
- The Courier obtains receipts for articles delivered and keeps a log of items received and delivered.
- The Courier may deliver items to offices and departments within an establishment.
- At the direction of the mailroom supervisor, proceeds to the location(s) as instructed to pick up or deliver bulk or other materials.
- Ensures that materials are delivered to location designated by instructions and follows all additional written instructions associated with the delivery of the materials.
- Obtains signatures and date/time information as required for a proper receipt.
- Prepares a daily log with appropriate receipts.
- Coordinates and prioritizes all work requests.
- Ensures necessary follow-up steps are used to institute an effective quality control procedure for assigned work.
- Must be familiar with automated mail equipment, USPS rules, and regulations, and UPS and Federal Express procedures; knowledgeable in packing requirements and Government mail regulations.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Will likely be assigned more than one job title such as Mail Clerk, File Clerk, Data Entry Clerk or General Office Worker and will record time based upon hours actually worked.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* U.S. Citizenship
* Must possess 1-3 years of driving and/or messenger experience with a good driving record, which is defined, at a minimum, of: not having a DUI, Reckless Driving, Speeding over 30 miles per hour, or multiple driving violations that suspends their license. This must be certified by the individual as part of the employment application and every six months of employment.
* Ability to drive a mid to full sized passenger or cargo van
* The General Office Worker/Courier must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. Must qualify for and maintain a security clearance and a Secret Clearance.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The Courier must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times and use equipment such as dollies and carts.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.