General Office Worker/Data Entry Clerk 9/7/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description:
JOB TITLE: GENERAL OFFICE WORKER/DATA ENTRY CLERK
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS):
GENERAL OFFICE WORKER:
* General Office Workers provide support for the processing of other forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
* GOWs perform all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
* GOWs contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
* They file copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file.
DATA ENTRY CLERK:
* The DEC enters information from DHS source documents into various automated systems using formatted input screens such as CIS and NFTS.
* Source information includes applications, petitions, forms, supplemental documentation, decisions, and other documents.
* Data Entry Clerks modify, update, and correct data contained in automated systems.
* Data Entry Clerks perform data inquiries and searches on automated systems; generate records and reports from these systems; and perform name and alien number searches.
* This position requires the application of training, experience, and judgment in selecting procedures to be followed in searching for, interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered.
* Data Entry Clerks must be able to push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
* The Data Entry Clerk may be cross trained to perform as a Mail Clerk, File Clerk, and/or a General Office Worker.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* U.S. Citizenship
* Computer skills required: Computer literate, data entry skills preferred
* Should have at least one year s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field. Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time.
* Must qualify for a security clearance.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The DEC must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.