General Office Worker/File Clerk
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 4/6/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
JOB TITLE: General Office Worker/File Clerk
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (DAY TO DAY FUNCTIONS):
GENERAL OFFICE WORKER
* Provides support for the processing of forms and applications used in the adjudication process.
* When directed, will contact applicants to schedule dates and times of interviews and naturalization ceremonies.
* Performs all clerical tasks related to preparing for and conducting Naturalization ceremonies, including the preparation and distribution of Naturalization certificates and the retrieval of documentation from applicants.
* Files copies of naturalization certificates and notices in the appropriate alien file and closes out citizenship ceremonies.
* Examines incoming material and codes it numerically, alphabetically, or by
subject matter. * Stores forms, letters, receipts, or reports in paper form or enters necessary tracking information into electronic records.
* Films or scans documents for storage and retrieval.
* Ensures that new information is added to the files in a timely manner and may destroy outdated file material according to policy or transfer them to inactive storage.
* Checks files at regular intervals to make sure that all items are correctly sequenced and placed.
* Searches for missing record materials.
* Where applicable, operates mechanized shelving units that rotate to bring the needed records
to them. * Assists with the implementation of changes to the filing system when established by supervisory personnel.
* Finds requested records, charges out, and forwards them to the requestor.
* Makes copies of records according to policy and distributes them to appropriate personnel or offices.
* Documents materials removed from the files and ensures that those given out are returned.
* Uses computerized filing and retrieval systems such as CIS, CLAIMS, and NFTS to retrieve information.
* Enters the document s identification code, obtains the location, and then pulls
the document. * Requests documents from File Control Offices (FCO), the National Records Center (NRC), the National Benefits Center (NBC), the Federal Records Center (FRC), and other file locations as required.
* May be cross trained to perform as a Mail Clerk and/or as a General Office Worker or FDNS Clerk.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* U.S. Citizenship.
* Should have at least one year s work experience preferably in an administrative
or customer service field.
* Must be computer literate, be able to enter data at a reasonable
rate, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, and sit or stand for long periods of time. * Must qualify for a security clearance.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well to others
* Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company s goals
* Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements
* Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at all times
* Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications
* Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The GOW must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, reach, stoop and/ or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times.
This position is performed in a traditional office/production environment.
FCi Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or gender, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing.