This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Balfour Beatty Construction Inc
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The company representative who has the primary responsibility for all field operations, including the coordination of subcontractors work. Responsible for all field activities associated with the project, including ultimate responsibility for implementation of Safety/Zero Harm program for the jobsite, supervision of all field construction work by subcontractors and self-performed work. Shares responsibility with the project manager for developing the project budget, actively participating in the preconstruction phase, and ensuring that the project is built on time, within budget, and according to company policies and procedures. Manages and mentors superintendents, assistant superintendents and other field personnel.
PROJECT FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Helps the project manager review and update progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis.
* Actively participates in development and management of project s general conditions, construction schedule, project planning/phasing, and buyout strategy during preconstruction. Preconstruction Services
* Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget. Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
* Communicates with subcontractors and employees (along with the project manager) a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, quality control and other performance standards. Ensures all employees have relevant safety/loss prevention training for their position.
* Participates in making scopes for subcontracts and pre-bid/post-bid meetings. Project Start-up and Scheduling
* Thoroughly understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract s general conditions, and confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications. Implements programs for EEO, risk management, training, and quality control.
* Explores and advises the project team on appropriate changes in methods, materials schedules, and procedures. Ensures all materials are properly tested according to specifications and ensures that all test results are properly recorded. Project Administration, Operations and Close-out
* Ensures that project site and company assets are secure. Communicates individual safety roles, responsibilities and expectations to our clients, Operations staff, subcontractors, vendor and the public that maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times.
* Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems or nonperformance (along with the project manager) through mentoring/training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges, or other appropriate actions.
* Reviews and approves all bills for materials and subcontractor requisitions. Confirms that extra charges from subcontractors/suppliers are reasonable and work is correctly executed. Coordinates with project manager for approval on extra charges.
* Facilitates weekly project progress and safety meetings with all subcontractor representatives and coordinates the upcoming week s work. Partners with Loss Prevention Professionals assigned to the project site. Attends all progress meetings with the owner/architect representatives.
* Keeps owners/architects informed of progress throughout the life of the project.
* Ensures that the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transition the project to the client.
PROMOTE CUSTOMER RELATIONS
* Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer s expectations.
* Makes presentations to proactively seek new business opportunities through relationships. Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
* Promotes the Creed. Communicates vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
* Builds and stretches people and self by providing challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and ongoing actionable and candid feedback that help employees achieve career goals.
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external parties by winning concessions without damaging relationships and being direct and diplomatic.
* Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting or exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
* Assists in developing/facilitating superintendent-related company training programs. Essential Capabilities* Core Values Band Specific
* Focus on Excellence * Foster Teamwork & Collaboration * Respect & Value Others
* Thinking Skills
* Results Driven
* Establish Priorities
* Coach Others
* Interpersonal Sensitivity
* Motivate & Inspire Others
* Mindful of Risk & Safety
* Influence * Business Acumen * For key definitions, refer to the BBC Leadership Brochure
* B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred and 10+ years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary. Depending upon the role, this may require demonstrated ability to assist with more than one project at a time.
* Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written communication skills.
* Exhibits commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting or exceeding internal and external customer expectations.
* Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office).
* Demonstrates proficiency using scheduling software.
* The majority of work is completed on job sites in an office trailer or in an existing structure. Due to daily condition changes on construction projects, when employees are outside of the office trailer or structure, they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as required by the company's safety policies and as required for weather conditions.
* The project team and/or team member may need to move to other projected work geographic locations, if necessary.
Balfour Beatty is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, gender, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other status protected by state or federal law. Apply Now