Genetic Counselor 8/17/2016
The University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is seeking a full time Board Certified/Board Eligible Cancer Genetic Counselor to join our team.
The University of Kansas Cancer Center is an NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Cancer Center is nationally known for innovative and compassionate cancer care. As a member of our team, you will be part of the latest advances in medicine and technology, backed by the expertise of the region's premier academic medical center. The Cancer Center's unique multidisciplinary team approach brings together health care professionals, such as medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, psychologists, genetic counselors, nurses, nutritionists, social workers and more, who are experts in their specialties. This multidisciplinary approach means our patients get the best treatment possible: treatment tailored to them.
* Develop and implement genetic counseling services.
* Review patient information, evaluate family history, conduct risk assessment and recommend medical or genetic testing.
* Arrange clinical genetic testing.
* Provide education and counseling and interpret results for genetically influenced cancers.
* Assist in the treatment of patients and families with known genetic disorders and of patients at risk for the development of genetic disorders.
* Serve as liaison between patients and their referring physician.
* Provide education and resources on cancer genetics to the community and other healthcare providers
Take your place among the best in health care as part of our elite team at The University of Kansas Hospital, the region's premier academic medical center. We invite you to join us as we lead the way, setting new standards for advanced and compassionate patient care.