Genetic Counselor, 40 hrs, FT, Elmwood Park, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/27/2017
Bio-Reference Laboratories, Inc.
Elmwood Park, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose: Genetic counselors are trained specialists who determine risk factors for hereditary diseases and disorders in patients.
Responsibilities of the Genetic Counselor will Include:
* Provide customer service to clinicians and genetic counselors on the hereditary cancer tests
* Facilitate communication of test results to health care providers
* Write customized reports on a vast array of genetic test results
* Utilize in-house software tools to generate reports for clinical sequencing tests
* Perform critical quality control functions for clinical reports
* Maintain reporting templates and mutation database, working to improve their clarity and consistency
* Be involved in the validation of any new assigned panels, updates to current panel versions, or changes in software or equipment
* Assist in the development of education and marketing materials
* Help develop test report language and DNA variant classification based on emerging scientific information
* Participate visibly in the medical genetics, genetic counseling, and patient advocacy communities (this position will require annual travel to genetics meetings and exhibitor responsibilities)
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Masters Degree from a Accredited Genetic Counseling Program.
Must have Experience with Cancer Genetics.
Knowledge of Human Mutation Databases and Genome Browsers.
Knowledge of HGVS Nomenclature is Preferred.
Excellent Communications and Writing Skills.
Very Hard Working and A Good Eye For Detail.