Geologist, Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kleinfelder is an architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employees with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
The Hamilton office has an immediate opening for a Geologist, Environmental Scientist or Environmental Engineer with 3 to 6 years of experience to work on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
Responsibilities include planning field activities, field oversight of subcontractors, authoring technical reports, communicating with staff, ensuring quality execution, and evaluating site data to proactively progress projects toward regulatory closure.
Qualified candidates should possess:
* 3 to 6 years of related experience
* Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
* Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling
* Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, MGP waste, etc.
* Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments beneficial
* Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling a plus
* Office experience related to scheduling, lab coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
* Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations a plus
Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment and a positive professional attitude.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant state/federal regulations and client-specific requirements
The ideal candidate must have previous experience working on environmental projects and an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
* Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related discipline
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher
* Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) card and American Petroleum Institute (API) Work Safe certification a plus
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)