Geologist - Full Time (Oil & Gas)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEarly career geologists will participate in Occidental s on-the-job mentored training which includes varied short-term assignments along with in-house and industry classes and field trips providing fundamental training in petroleum geology, software, and oil and gas economics. He or she will be immersed in an exciting fast-paced environment working projects requiring teamwork, creative thinking, decision-making, and geologic and business acumen. The Early Career program is designed to provide a significant breadth and depth of experience in a variety of oil and gas provinces within the first few years of employment, and a quick progression to maturity as a professional geologist.
Oxy is a multinational company where an individual s growth potential is defined by hard work, creativity, and desire to succeed.
* Ability to work with multiple disciplines and cross functionally
* Prepare and maintain project timeline
* Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload
* Can make decisions with little information and is comfortable with change
* Master s Degree in Geology or related field
* Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and has successfully defended their thesis
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
* Team player and able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
* Desire to pursue career in Oil and Gas Industry
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status