Geologist/ HydroGeologist - Remedial Investigation
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder is an architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employees with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
The Hamilton office has an immediate opening for a Geologist, Hydrogeologist or Environmental Scientist (or related field) with 2 to 5 years of experience to work on environmental assessment and remediation projects.
The candidate will work closely with Project Managers and Senior Scientists to research site histories and assist in the development of remedial investigation workplans for a portfolio of sites involving varied hydrogeologic conditions, contaminants, and neighborhood-wide receptor impacts. Extensive, multi-phased subsurface investigations and receptor evaluations including vapor intrusion and potable well studies are commonly required. As RI projects progress, this individual will help plan field activities, conduct field investigations, collect samples from various media, and oversee subcontractors. Additional responsibilities include program-wide task level support, evaluation of site data and authoring of technical reports. This position involves frequent collaboration with project team members and periodic client interaction, as RI workplans are developed and implemented.
Qualified candidates should possess:
* 2-5 years of experience working on environmental projects (NJ preferred) with an established technical background in environmental assessment and remediation.
* Knowledge of NJDEP regulations and guidance documents
* Experience conducting historical due-diligence research, such as NJ Preliminary Assessments or ASTM Phase I's
* Experience conducting environmental field investigations and data collection/sampling including oversight of soil borings and monitoring well installation, soil-groundwater sampling, identification and evaluation of sensitive receptors
* Experience with various contaminants including: chlorinated compounds, petroleum compounds, metals, etc.
* Experience conducting Vapor Intrusion (VI) investigations and potable well impact studies
* Office experience related to field scheduling, lab and subcontractor coordination, data evaluation, technical report writing, and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
* Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to follow direction from senior staff, and also work independently in a team environment
* Positive, professional attitude, with organization and multi-tasking skills
* A passion for excellence in work products
* Bachelor's degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Science, or related discipline
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification with up-to-date 8-hour refresher
Additional qualifications to be considered:
* Some experience with the EPA TRIAD approach using tools such as MIP, LIF, CPT, on-site gas-chromatography, and other direct-sensing/real-time data collection techniques a plus
* Knowledge of RCRA & CERCLA regulations and HAZMAT assessments a plus
* Experience in hydrogeological and conceptual site modeling with 3D visualization software such as EVS or ROCKWORKS a plus
* Experience using CAD or GIS for 2D data mapping a plus
The position requires strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment and problem-solving capabilities in order to ensure compliance with relevant regulations/guidance and client-specific requirements. Occasional overnight travel to project sites in New Jersey is required.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)