This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Environmental Business Line of Arcadis is seeking an ambitious, hardworking, dependable Geologist to join our world-class firm in Minneapolis, MN. This full-time, entry-level position within our Remediation group will be involved in various activities in support of diverse environmental assessment and restoration projects. The ideal candidate will possess great attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently and will be capable of working as a productive member of a high performance team.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
* A combination of field and office related tasks that will likely require travel
* Working effectively with project teams, clients, and all other stakeholders
* Installation of soil borings and monitoring wells
* Field sampling of groundwater, soil, and other environmental media
* Field data collection, analysis, and interpretation
* Preparation of visual, graphical, and tabular summaries of environmental data and trends
* Technical report writing
* Preparing cost estimates and proposals
* Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
* Overseeing subcontractors
* Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
This position requires both field and office work; the successful candidate should expect to be out in the field up to 75% of the time. Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes.
Ability to travel for extended duration (2 to 3 weeks) is required.
* Bachelor s Degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology or closely related field
* Proficiency with conventional software programs
* Technical writing skills
* Relevant coursework or work experience with fieldwork sampling
* Capable of working independently and in teams to efficiently complete assignments and require minimal supervision in completion of daily tasks
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Masters in Geology, Hydrogeology or closely related field
* 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response training
* Previous industry, consulting, or regulatory experience.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.