Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Geologist to join us in northern California. This entry level full-time position requires attention to detail, strong work ethic, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and desire to be out in the field.
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include some travel and field work.
* Environmental remediation design tasks, including soil and groundwater remedial system and in-situ technology treatment design and assessments
* Field sampling of groundwater, soil, and other environmental media
* Field data collection, analysis, and interpretation
* Preparation of visual, graphical, and tabular summaries of environmental data and trends
* Technical report writing
* Installation of soil borings and monitoring wells
* Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, remedial alternative evaluations, remedial designs, work plans, letters, and memoranda
* Preparing cost estimates and proposals
* Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
* Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
* Preparing periodic status/program reports
* Figure/map production
While this position requires both field and office work, the candidate should expect to be out in the field 50-80% of the time Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes.
* BS in Geology or Geological Sciences.
* Proficiency with MS office suite.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
ARCADIS U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* 40 Hour HAZWOPER preferred
* Master s degree
* Previous industry, consulting, or regulatory internship experience
* Excellent written communication and strong interpersonal communication skills
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.