Geology Intern- (Oil & Gas)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 4/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental s summer intern program stresses hands-on participation in core businesses with an emphasis on completing a summer project. Projects are designed to add value to our operations while providing an opportunity to observe your skills and competencies in action. A mentor is assigned to every intern in order to provide guidance. This is a valuable opportunity to gain experience in a broad range of technical and soft skills, which are essential to professional success. Additionally, internships allow for an assessment of career opportunities within our organization, and give the intern the opportunity to determine if Oxy is the right fit.
* Ability to work with multiple disciplines and cross functionally
* Prepare and maintain project timeline
* Evaluate, organize and prioritize workload
* Can make decisions with little information and is comfortable with change
* Pursuing a Master s Degree in Geology or related field
* Must maintain minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team
* Excellent verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
* Team player and able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
* Desire to pursue career in Oil and Gas Industry
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status