Georgia Alternative Assessment (GAA) Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Browse Open Jobs | Search Open Jobs | Submit a General Profile | Edit Your Profile | View Submitted Applications
Georgia Alternative Assessment (GAA) Coordinator
Alternative Assessment (GAA) Coordinator INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The GAA Coordinator is a full-time position that assists in planning, implementing, and training activities related to high-stakes testing for the purpose of fulfilling state and school tests needs and requirements, and assists with corresponding data collection and reporting functions. In order to maintain compliance with DOE expectations, GAA Coordinator will oversee the training, organization, and logistics of the compilation of GAA portfolios. In addition, it is critical that in order to gain proficient scores, GCA collections must align with each student s grade level standards. The GAA Supervisor will ensure that all academic and organizational requirements are met.
AS AN ASSESSMENT COORDINATOR, YOU WILL...
* Assist with testing programs, processes and compliance for all required assessments; Properly handle all school-wide testing materials;
* Organize and document training sessions for the all educators responsible for assessing students with the GAA;
* Assist with ongoing efforts to collect, maintain, and verify student data; Participate in the design, selection, revision and/or coordination of processes and mechanisms for storage, retrieval and reporting of electronic student data;
* Work directly with teachers to organize travel, collection plans (f2f vs virtual), timelines;
* Work directly with teachers to align portfolio components with grade level standards and ensure appropriate activities are being implemented;
* Assist with preparation and presentation of appropriate instruction to staff in regard to pre-test preparation, administration, and post-test responsibilities; May attend local and state testing workshops and help disseminates pertinent information to appropriate school personnel;
* Coordinate the transfer of portfolios for incoming/outgoing students;
* Coordinate with GCA Family Academic Support Team to ensure all student attendance requirements are met ;
* Help collect test data and prepare reports for dissemination to leadership and staff.
* Assist in interpreting school policies and regulations in testing and assessment to staff and public;
* Assist Assessment Administrator in working with leadership to plan, develop, implement, administer, and evaluate school assessment programs;
* Maintain school calendar for testing, analyzing, and reporting test data.
Get to know GCA!
* Georgia Cyber Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* High School Diploma AND B.S Education
* Two (2) years of experience in test administration/protocols OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Georgia residency
* Strong organizational and communication skills - written and verbal
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; Web proficiency
* Flexible schedule with ability to work some evenings and weekends during peak testing seasons and ability travel up to 10% of the time as needed
* Ability to do occasional moderate lifting
* Ability to pass required background check
* Current Georgia educator certificate
* Experience teaching in the classroom and administering standardized tests
* Experience with virtual/online education
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend