Geoscience - Sr. Industry Consultant
Software Company - Houston, TX
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Our client is seeking a Sr. Industry Consultant - Oil and Gas - Data Warehouse.
75% virtual travel in US and Canada - prefer Houston, TX based.
Bachelor's degree in geo-science related discipline
* 15 YEARS IN DIRECT EXPERIENCE IN UPSTREAM OPERATIONS RELATED TO SEISMIC INTERPRETATION/RESERVOIR ENGINEERING
* PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN RESERVOIR MANAGEMENT, GEOSCIENCE OR RELATED DISCIPLINES
* EXPERIENCE IN IT SYSTEMS THAT SUPPORT THE PETROLEUM INDUSTRY
The Senior Industry Consultant (IC) will leverage their Oil & Gas industry knowledge and data warehouse/analytics knowledge to promote sales of Teradata data warehouse and analytical solutions within Major Accounts in Oil & Gas industry.
The IC has broad knowledge of business intelligence and analytic applications within the industry.
* The IC articulates business acumen and BI trends, and provides business specific knowledge in sales support activities.
Develop and describe value proposition of integrated information for the petroleum industry
* Use experiential knowledge to leverage upstream opportunities in case-based reasoning
* Support sales strategy in the practice, craft and manage presentations and interviews
* Work with Account Executives (and account team) to generate new business
* Prepare business cases, ROI basis and user expectations of solutions
* Work with the O&G consulting team to define strategy and implement sales solutions.
* Research development responsibilities include authoring white papers, speaking at trade shows/seminars, interfacing with analyst groups, and direction/input to research/development group on current and future applications.