Geotechnical Engineer - Exton
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKleinfelder is an employee-owned architectural, engineering, and science consulting firm providing solutions to meet our world's complex infrastructure and natural resource challenges.
Kleinfelder has nearly 2,000 employee-owners with offices nationwide and abroad. With over 50 years of experience, Kleinfelder's reputation for providing innovative, commonsense solutions to the most complex challenges has solidified its status as a trusted partner to its global clients and a leader in the industry. Working as a team, Kleinfelder's bright people will deliver the right solutions.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with 0-2 years' experience to join their Exton, PA office.
Skills required for this position include:
* strong verbal and written communication skills,
* the ability to organize priorities and multi-task effectively, and
* a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment.
* a can-do attitude and problem-solving mindset is essential.
* a BS in Civil Engineering with EIT.
* The candidate should have at a minimum, experience in, or the ability to readily learn, all basic components of the delivery of a fundamental geotechnical investigation including:
* organization and performance of the field investigation,
* assignment of the appropriate lab testing,
* performance of the associated engineering analyses under the PE's guidance,
* preparation of the geotechnical report, and
* ability to work with design teams to incorporate geotechnical aspects into site designs.
* demonstrate experience with, or the ability to readily learn earthwork and foundation construction observation.
The candidate may have experience in site civil engineering including:
* site grading,
* erosion and sedimentation control, and
* stormwater management.
Travel to project sites and other Kleinfelder offices is required. Overnight travel for drilling and construction observation assignments should be expected for about 30 to 40 of the applicant's time. The Exton office offers a wide range of challenging project work and a great opportunity to develop professionally.
Experience with CAD is strongly desired. Experience with gINT, Lpile, and SlopeW software is preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)