Geriatric Clinical Educator Professional Practice Leader FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Geriatric Clinical Educator/Professional Practice Leader \(FT Days\) Department:
Clinical Practice And Prof Edu - - - # Description Geriatric Clinical Educator/Professional Practice Leader\-\
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The Professional Practice Leader \(PPL\) is a registered nurse \(RN\) who has acquired advanced, in\-depth knowledge and clinical experience that enable him/her to practice oncology nursing with independence, judgment and clinical expertise\. The PPL may function as clinician, educator, researcher, consultant and/or leader/administrator\. He or she practices by assessing, conceptualizing, diagnosing and analyzing complex clinical and non\-clinical issues related to actual or potential diagnosis of cancer\. He/She will use data creates a plan of care to achieve the desired health outcomes\. This individual consistently promotes and supports growth of the organization and the individuals within the organization by facilitating disciplined change strategies\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* -Masters Degree in Nursing + Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred with Geriatric Focus\) -Three years oncology nursing\. One year as Clinical Nurse Specialist preferred\. Must have the ability to manage multiple competing demands and to proactively negotiate priorities\. Must demonstrate consistent and successful follow through on issues and problems\. -Management experience in hospital/health care environment\. -Current California RN license -American Heart Association BLS certification Geriatric*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and is guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. For more information about City of Hope, view our Tweet Chat videos on YouTube and type in \#NursesForHope\.*
* City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. \
* LI\-LR \
* CB\-LR .