This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Summary (for positions at jobsites in Durham, NC and Charlotte, NC):
Installation of framing of high performance glazing systems, (curtainwalls and store front), prepping for glazing, glazing including glass and panels, and assisting other personnel in granite and other exterior skin materials. Duties may include installation of mirrors, aluminum doors, interior glass systems (only in specific projects). Glazier works under the appointed foreman and Superintendent.
* Unloading, rigging distribution, storage and protection of materials and equipment.
* Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for product installation.
* Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine size, shape, color, type and thickness of glass, location of framing, installation procedures, and staging and scaffolding materials required.
* Assemble, erect, and dismantle scaffolds, rigging, and hoisting equipment.
* Install gaskets, wedging rubber for glazing.
* Operate cranes or hoists with suction cups to lift large, heavy pieces of glass.
* Set glass doors into frames, and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, and other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
Importance Work Activity
96 Handling and Moving Objects - Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
* Fabricate, assemble or disassemble manufactured products by hand
83 Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
* Apply caulking and sealants
* Climb ladders and scaffolding
* Erect scaffold
* Mover or fit heavy objects
* May install locks, hinges, or related finish hardware
* Install or replace glass in windows, skylights, or other structural surfaces
* Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products
46 Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
* Read blueprints
* Read tape measure
* Read technical drawings
46 Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material - inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
42 Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
38 Determine material or tool requirements
* Adhere to safety procedures
* Perform safety inspections in construction
33 Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events -