Global Alliance Director for Cisco, SUSE, West Coast flexible
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/8/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGLOBAL ALLIANCE DIRECTOR, CISCO
Location: West Coast, USA (Location is flexible)
For over 20 years, SUSE has delivered innovative and robust solutions for our enterprise customers. We are currently seeking a talented professional to manage IHV alliance relationships globally for SUSE.
In this role as the Global Alliance Director, you will be responsible to manage, support and grow the alliance business with Cisco, to ensure that this route-to-market is well established and properly leveraged by the field teams in our targeted markets. You will ensure that SUSE delivers solutions appropriate to add value to our joint customers in the market and drives revenue growth across all regions.
You will focus on becoming a trusted adviser to key stakeholders at Cisco by building and fostering strategic relationships across the partner organization, SUSE and other key/appropriate ecosystem partners. Working in concert with the appropriate constituents, the Alliance Director develops a strategic business plan and vision for future growth, building on the company's existing strengths, and oversee the plan's execution by translating it into a field engagement model to drive the alliance forward across all geographies.
This role requires a senior business development manager who understands how to match business solutions with market demand and sells SUSE's value to the Cisco partner ecosystem. As such, you will develop a strong internal network and demonstrate an ability to creatively apply those resources to meet/exceed the partner's needs. You'll need to be an expert in account management and sales execution and will be expected to achieve sales goals as well as constituent satisfaction across the board.
Your goal is strategic interlock for the partnership.
* Focus on driving quota attainment & growth for SUSE and Cisco
* Understand, leverage and enlist support of the partner & SUSE sales teams, as well as the appropriate channels teams in the pursuit of quota attainment across the board.
* Cultivate and manage productive senior level relationships between SUSE and Cisco
* Develop/drive relationships with alliance counterparts with the goal of strategic interlock
* Drive focus and efficiency in the leveraging marketing resources (staff, funding & activities) to support/accomplish key business objectives
* Advise, direct and influence SUSE engineering/development teams around the partner's product strategy/direction to help ensure our relevance with the partner and their market
* BS/BA in Computer Sciences or Engineering, MS/MBA preferred
* Experience developing/leading complex technology-centric programs and initiatives in the partner space, with responsibility for revenue attainment
* Familiarity with business, partner & channel development and selling within the software, high tech and/or hardware space
* Ability to develop, own and execute a Strategic Plan in including all key elements pertaining to business model, technology, marketing and sales execution
* Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned revenue and/or other goals in a partner environment
* The ideal candidate would have a strong network of key decision makers inside of Cisco and experience working/partnering within a large international IT organization
* Experience managing and leading a team as well as managing matrixed resources both internally & externally.
* Ability to influence decision makers at all levels in the organization
* Proven track record of understanding business requirements and negotiating complex agreements to meet the go-to-market needs
* Strong communication and persuasion skills
* Ability to travel 50%, including international travel
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.