Global Benefits Analyst 8/17/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Our Global Benefits team is looking for a Benefits Analyst to help support our benefit programs worldwide. The right person thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a self-starter, detail oriented, works effectively with internal and external contacts and has a passion for client service.
The Global Benefits team is responsible for benefit strategy and design; governance, compliance and risk; and operations and decision support for BCG's offices in over 45 countries worldwide. You will work directly with a team of benefit experts to support renewals, plan reviews and operation decisions inline with BCG's philosophy, strategy and standards.
* Ongoing administration and operation of BCG's global benefit plans; includes compliance activities, enrollments, renewals, billing, audits and other operational activities.
* Maintain inventory of local benefits plans and key terms and conditions; work closely with local offices to ensure information and document library are up-to-date.
* Partner closely with Mobility Service team to provide timely benefit support for international assignees through post-assignment planning to integration back home.
* Establish close and effective relationships with insurers, vendors, other benefit and HR staff, as well as, internal stakeholders including, Mobility Services, Payroll, Accounting, and IT.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements, resolve data issues and ensure plan operations conform with the regulatory requirements and BCG's policies. Document standard operating procedures
* Research, analyze and formulate prompt responses to local offices on a wide variety of benefits issues, including benefit and eligibility disputes and exceptions to plan provisions and policies (and escalating as necessary).
* Create and maintain benefit communication materials and online tools and resources including Host Office Benefit Summaries and the Global Benefits team's intranet page.
* Generate reports from Global Benefits database, use to improve insights on local-country practices relative to global policies, external benchmarking, etc.
* Assist Managers and Director in supporting local offices in their benefits practices and ensure compliance with global guidelines.
* Ensure the team stays on top of changes in the market. Monitor global regulatory changes affecting benefit plans/schemes and present findings to team. Monitor trends, participate in benchmarking exercises and maintain fact database on other MNCs and best practices.
* Participate in global/regional/local benefit projects as assigned.
Basic Job Requirements
Education or Certifications
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent in business, Human Resources or related field.
* Minimum of 2 years experience in employee benefits.
* International experience strongly preferred in health, life, AD&D, disability, defined contributions pensions and other benefit programs within multiple markets.
* Demonstrable knowledge of benefits regulations and practices in insured, self-funded, and hybrid benefits financing approaches.
* Strong analytical skills
* Experience working in a professional service organization or other organization with strong cultural support for progressive human resource practices.
* Advanced MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
* Microsoft Office
* Fluent in English (written & verbal)
* Self-starter, pro-active attitude, motivated to learn new topics and skills
* Multi-tasking and organization skills
* Analytical skills and the ability to review, and interpret data
* Attention to detail, strong organizational and strong problem solving skills
* Ability to produce well written documents, as well as strong oral communication skills essential.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; collaborative, strong cross-functional teaming skills
* Ability to handle confidential employee and company information
* Flexibility to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2862BR