Global Business Development/Alliance Manager for HPE, SUSE, Flexible location
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGLOBAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & ALLIANCE MANAGER FOR HPE
Location: Flexible, USA
For over 20 years, SUSE has delivered innovative and robust solutions for our enterprise customers. We are currently seeking a talented and experienced professional to help establish and drive new business initiatives within the HPE and SUSE partnership.
As part of the team focused on HPE, you will be responsible to help identify and build new routes to market that will be leveraged by the HPE and SUSE sales teams. You will work collaboratively with the global alliance director for HPE to ensure that SUSE delivers solutions appropriate to add value to our joint customers in the market and drives revenue growth across all regions.
You will be a trusted adviser to key stakeholders with HPE and the HPE partner ecosystem by building and fostering strategic relationships. Working in concert with the appropriate constituents, this role will develop a strategic vision supported by a business plan for future growth. Additionally, you will oversee the plan's execution by translating it into field engagement activities to drive the business initiatives forward across all geographies.
This role requires a business development manager who understands how to match market demand with solutions that deliver business value based on SUSE technologies. As such, you will develop a strong internal network and demonstrate an ability to creatively apply resources to meet/exceed the partner's needs. You'll need to be an expert in account management and sales execution and will be expected to achieve sales goals and deliver a high level of constituent satisfaction.
The key to success will be the understanding and application of diverse leadership styles according to situational circumstances. This will create a culture in which high performance and high quality standards are achieved and maintained.
This role will focus on:
* New Business and Market Development
* Services-led businesses (including TS, ES)
* Development of OEM/Embedded solutions
* Develop key relationship with HPE stakeholders
* Focus on driving revenue attainment & growth for SUSE and assigned partners
* Understand, leverage and enlist support of the partner & SUSE sales teams, as well as the appropriate channels teams in the pursuit of revenue attainment across the board.
* Cultivate and manage productive senior level relationships between SUSE and the partner
* Develop/drive relationships with alliance counterparts with the goal of strategic interlock
* Drive focus and efficiency in the leveraging marketing resources (staff, funding & activities) to support/accomplish key business objectives
* Advise, direct and influence SUSE engineering/development teams around the partner's product strategy/direction to help ensure our relevance with the partner and their market
* Collaborate with the HPE Global Alliance Director to align on strategy and growth goals for the entire alliance
* Experience working for or with HPE/HPI (including Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, HP Inc. or HP Enterprise Services)
* Experience developing/leading complex technology centric programs and initiatives in the partner space, with responsibility for revenue attainment
* Familiarity with business, partner & channel development and selling within the software, high tech and/or hardware space
* Ability to develop, own and execute a Strategic Plan in including all key elements pertaining to business model, technology, marketing and sales execution
* Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting assigned revenue and/or other goals in a partner environment
* The ideal candidate would have a strong network of key decision makers across major hardware vendors and experience working/partnering within a large international IT organization
* Experience managing and leading a team as well as managing matrixed resources both internally & externally.
* Ability to influence decision makers at all levels in the organization
* Proven track record of understanding business requirements and negotiating complex agreements to meet the go-to-market needs
* BS/BA in Business/Marketing or equivalent
* Strong communication, presentation and persuasion skills
* Conversational fluency in at least one additional language
* Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel
The Attachmate Group Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in providing our employees and applicants with equal opportunity. Our decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are non-discriminatory. They are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, and citizenship, the presence of a physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status or any other status protected by law.