Global Commodities Manager 9/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development, and knows that a successful company is built on great leaders at all levels. Plexus is a highly respected leader in the EMS industry, specializing in the mid to low volume, higher complexity market.
We are seeking a highly talented leader to join us as a Global Commodities Manager for Custom Engineered Components. As a member of our Supply Chain team, this individual will work with our network of preferred suppliers to develop optimal sourcing solutions that meet the needs of our customers and achieve Plexus goals.
Our Global Commodities Managers will:
* Develop and execute an effective global supply chain strategy in order to optimize sourcing, provide a seamless supply chain to manufacturing, meet or exceed customer satisfaction, maintain relationships with preferred suppliers, and meet Plexus s revenue goals.
* Work with suppliers, customers, and Plexus teams to identify the optimal supply chain/commodity sources. Develop preferred supplier relationships.
* Identify opportunities within the distribution channel to improve our sourcing process and improve customer and Plexus financial performance.
* Steer contract negotiations with suppliers and distributors to obtain best possible purchasing terms for Plexus and to maintain optimal relationships with preferred suppliers.
* Resolve supply chain and commodities shortages to ensure customer satisfaction and to achieve Plexus revenue goals.
* Occasional Travel (25%)
The successful candidate s skills and abilities will include:
* Demonstrated commodity management expertise.
* Background with various supply chain systems, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
* Proven supplier negotiation and supplier management skills are preferred.
* Ability to influence others, within Plexus and at suppliers. Able to lead both with and without formal authority in a matrixed organization.
* Strong reasoning and cognitive skills, including decision-making, conflict resolution and leadership competencies.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must be able to follow through on assignments with little to no supervision.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills are preferred
* Individual must meet Plexus Values and exhibit strength in Plexus' Leadership Behaviors.
Education & Experience:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a Master's is preferred.
* Experience of 7 year is preferred for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent EMS industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
* Experience within various commodity families such as Interconnects, Passives and Electromechanical (IP&E), Semiconductors, and Printed Circuit Boards (PCB), Hydraulics, Robotics, Thin- Film Transistor Displays, Micro-Electronics, etc.
* Individual should meet Plexus Leadership Competencies
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you re an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers.