Global Commodity Manager, Electronic Components
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
About the Team:
The Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company s scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
About the Job:
In this position you are globally responsible for the Commodity Management of electronic components within Stanley Black & Decker. This role requires high standards in terms of setting strategies and improvement measures within the commodity portfolio and spends. As a new role within this sourcing organization, this position requires extensive commodity experience and the ability to develop engineering support with this commodities stakeholders.
* Define and execute commodity strategies in line with the business needs and product line requirements
* Identify and select global strategic suppliers with the purpose of creating a library of qualified suppliers with establish global contract pricing
* Realize cost savings and negotiate contractual agreements with the entire supply base
* Drive VA/VE activities with suppliers to achieve cost reductions and quality improvements
* Analyze the global market and continuous benchmarking of current suppliers
* Monitor market dynamics and technology developments
* Develop strategic suppliers to achieve commercial, quality and logistics targets
* Cooperate with the Electrical Global Commodity teams to identify synergies across all product lines
* Bachelor's degree with business, engineering or supply chain focus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Extensive and relevant experience of at least 5 years in sourcing/ procurement management
* Comprehensive technical expertise for Electronic products and processes, proven experience in global purchasing
* Essential negotiation and leadership skills, proactive team player, sense of responsibility, self-motivated and goal-oriented attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Languages: Fluent in English with aptitude for other languages
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills, highly motivated and able to work under pressure
* Willingness, enthusiasm and aptitude for driving change and improvement
* Results Driven
* Willingness to travel globally
Why Stanley Black & Decker*
Stanley Black and Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
* Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes- creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come
* Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities
* Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions.
At Stanley Black and Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it.
Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.