Global Corporate Quality Management System Leader 8/16/2016
Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY:
GLOBAL CORPORATE QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM LEADER
Milwaukee, WI Region
Global Quality Director
Excellent Compensation and benefits package
Multi-Billion dollar company seeking to further advance and develop its global quality management systems to consistently improvement operational quality standards/performance and integration with the company's continuous improvement initiatives.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a key leadership position within our client's global quality organization, reporting directly to the Global Director of Quality. This position will require an experienced Quality leader, preferably with high mix product manufacturing background and experience. This position requires a leader that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal skills. Key to success in this position is the ability to work within the organization at all levels utilizing a very "hands on" approach to creating value and buy-in as the global leader for developing and further advancing the company's enterprise wide Quality Management System.
* This position will be responsible for the global administration of the company's Quality Management System, helping the organization move toward and leverage single harmonized global platform that can consistently improve plant quality standards and performance.
* This position will work closely with divisional Quality & CI leadership to develop and improve the company's Global Quality strategy that encompasses supplier selection, product development, process performance and information technology and customer feedback.
* This position will work closely with divisional Quality leadership to understand their current challenges and how to appropriately use corporate resources to improve quality results and performance.
* This position will serve as the company's thought leader in areas of Built-in Quality, Cost of Quality, and Control Plans (as examples) that move the company towards quality centric culture focused more defect prevention versus a culture that currently overly relies on inspecting in quality and after-the-fact quality defect containment.
* This position will focus on the use and implementation of rigorous FMEAs to drive more robust Control Plans in the business QMS focus and engrain Control PlanAudits to ensure ongoing compliance with the company's Quality Standards
* This position will work cross-functionally with Sourcing and Engineering to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) via VAVE in sourced materials and components.
* This position will lead a team of Quality and Continuous Improvement professionals in the execution of the above assigned tasks and server as a peer, coach and mentor to the company's divisional quality leaders globally.
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): TECHNICAL BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* BS/BA Business or Technical EngineeringDegree.
* Minimum of 10years' experience in a combination of Operations and Quality leadership roles.
* Advanced Training in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
* Prior experience / background in a mix model process and assembly environments
* Prior experience developing and improving companywide Quality Management Systems
* Prior operations/process leadership experience a plus
* Corporate and multi-site responsibility (preferably global in focus)..
POSITION CRITICAL TO QUALITY + SUCCESS (CTQ+S): SKILL/ABILITY BEHAVIORAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
* Tenacity and energy in leading change towards an effective work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
* Strong analytical skills and process focus
* Progressive, flexible and team oriented person required.
* Ability to travel up to 25%