Global Current Product Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and Japan, Asia Pacific, India and China region (JAPIC) Projects at our facility located in Greenville, NC. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
HYG is looking for an energetic Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and JAPIC Projects who will have a positive influence on the Warehouse Product Development Center team. As a Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and JAPIC Projects, you will have global responsibility for the engineering maintenance of warehouse current production trucks through full life-cycle across all manufacturing plants and all market theaters worldwide. You will engage platform and functional leaders for engineering support and alignment on product and system strategies. The Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and JAPIC Projects collaborates with cross-functional groups such as manufacturing, service, purchasing, supplier quality engineers (SQE), and suppliers to release and implement product improvements.
In addition, this position has a special responsibility for coordinating engineering support to JAPIC share growth initiatives such as improving warehouse sales by utilizing STE and development center teams.
The successful Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and JAPIC Projects will have the following Key Accountabilities:
Current Product Maintenance: Global responsibility for the engineering maintenance of warehouse current production trucks through full life-cycle across all manufacturing plants and all market theaters. Resolution of current production quality and reliability issues to improve customer satisfaction and reduce warranty costs.
Value Improvement Projects: Drive results through and identification and execution of value improvement projects for resolving plant and supplier quality issues, product cost and cost of operation issues, certification issues, and feature/functionality issues to reduce cost of ownership and improve customer satisfaction. Collaborates with cross-functional groups such as manufacturing, service, supply chain, SQE, and suppliers to release and implement the product improvements.
Resource Management: Continuous improvement of the team capability (processes, tools, and people)
Engineering Support to JAPIC Projects: Engages with JAPIC leadership to understand market share growth initiatives. Engages with development centers to define and execute the support projects and engages platform leaders and functional leaders on product and system strategies where necessary.
The successful Global Current Product Leader for Warehouse Products and JAPIC Projects will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
* Formal education with a minimum BS in Engineering required.
* Knowledge of lift truck operating principles and design architecture through 10 years of experience in the fields of product design and testing required.
* Familiarity with HYG and competitors' products, industry and technology trends through field visits to lift truck customers and visits to key component suppliers required.
* Knowledge of customer applications in global markets required.
* Design experience and engineering competence in the fields of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical design required through monitoring of technical and business publications for advances in lift truck design and development trends.
* Strong attention to detail, excellent interaction skills and ability to work across functional divides (including purchasing, manufacturing and engineering) required. Experience with presentations to cross-functional teams, customers, and senior management required.
* Must be capable of effective communication across all levels of management, and proficient in the preparation and delivery of results in technical reports and presentations. Completion of training/seminars on communication skills required.
* Broad knowledge of engineering methods, policies and standards, manufacturing methods and DFT (preferably HYG) and of global codes and standards (applicable OSHA, ITA, ISO, EEC and other regulations) required.
* Plant visits and training on HYG development/gate processes required.
* Strong Project Management Skills and experience planning and managing complex global development projects involving cross functional teams required including managing projects with diversified cultures and regions.
* Project management certification preferred.
* Experience in planning and managing department budget, staffing and scheduling required.
* Experience managing groups with diverse cultural backgrounds and educational levels including experience mentoring and coaching team members required.
* Extensive team problem solving and facilitation skills (TQM Training or equivalent) required.
* Experience working with company executives required, strong intra-company networking with HYG is essential.
* Competitive Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
* Profit Sharing + 401K with company matching
* PTO + Vacation + Paid Holidays
* Education Assistance
* Life Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* On-site Health Clinic
* On site cafeteria
Greenville, NC is a charming town in Pitt County located just 85 miles east of Raleigh, NC and 85 miles west of the beaches of the Crystal Coast. It has a population of over 172,000 people in the greater metropolitan area and is ranked number six Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine. Greenville, NC is the home of East Carolina University and friendly southern culture offering dining, arts, museums, festivals, and a variety of amenities and quick access to several water fronts and beaches for people who love the outdoors. For more information about Greenville, visit http://visitgreenvillenc.com .
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.