Global Customer Services Operations, Project Manager - 8114
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Palo Alto Networks
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Palo Alto Networks is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Project Manager to assist the Global Technical Operations team (within Global Customer Service Operations) in coordinating projects related to our digital technologies. Our PMs manage the full life cycle of technical projects to deliver high quality services for our customers with predictability. They bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and working cross functionally to design and improve processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into appropriate outputs and results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable processes allowing scale and leverage. They must have knowledge of Support business processes and a desire to help build the infrastructure to enable an Enterprise Class service and support organization. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment and can take something from idea to execution with ease. Specifically, within the GTO team, we encourage hands on work and really owning and understanding the systems we support and the business we serve.
* Work with IT to plan, design, develop, test and deploy changes to our customer support portal and associated technologies.
* Maintain and work from a product backlog to keep several improvements and initiatives going.
* Clearly articulate and document business requirements
* Perform Quality Assurance and facilitate User Acceptance Testing
* Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate business requirements and validate proposed solutions.
* Assist with meeting facilitation by sending meeting agendas capturing and distributing meeting minutes, and tracking assigned team actions.
* Proactively identifies dependencies between teams and ensures all plans align on delivery criteria
* Analyzes projects to identify risks and potential roadblocks, and modifies project plans to mitigate risk
* Proactively manages dependencies and resolves issues
* Participate as appropriate in associated cross functional projects around data quality, optimization and scaling of the systems
* Designs and implements solutions to improve existing support processes and tools.
* Promotes best practices and trains others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and department
* Ensure all project artifacts (BRD s, User stories, Design Docs, Test Plans, etc.) are completed and approved in a timely fashion, and are saved in the program s central repository.
* Builds and maintains relationships with IT, Support and all cross departmental stakeholders to increase collaboration and productivity
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Information Technology is required.
* 3+ years project management experience leading projects of significant complexity
* Experience working in High Technology Support organizations is preferred
* Familiarity with New Product Introduction process and programs is a plus.
* Understanding of PMI Methodology and working knowledge of project mgmt. software like Innotas, MS Project or something similar
* Experience working in an agile delivery methodology
Learn more about Palo Alto Networks here and check out our fast facts
Palo Alto Networks competes for the best talent. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits, including 401(K). Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.