Global Digital Data Analytics Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono s commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
Purpose of the Role
The Global Digital Analytics Lead will define, build, and scale digital analytics across the organization to assess business impact of digital programs and drive actionable decision making. They will be responsible for elevating the current level of digital performance management by enabling reporting that tells a clear story of how promotional efforts are impacting brand objectives at the Global, Regional, and Local level.
The Global Analytics Lead will develop or refine key processes to build the organization s digital analytics capabilities as well implement global standards to drive consistency in measurement. Further they will establish models so that analysts and marketers are able to derive insights across channels and optimize strategies either on their own or through preferred suppliers. They will serve as subject matter expert and lead initiatives or task forces to enhance digital analytics capabilities. They will also be responsible for building awareness and knowledge of digital analytics, including driving appropriate training, workshops and other education forums.
In partnership with the Business Technology (BT) function, the Global Analytics Lead will identify and select the key vendors to build the technology stack required to enhance digital insights and analytics. Further will work with BT to develop a technology solution that brings together the key metrics into a single tool.
The role is expected to challenge the status quo and help both external vendors and internal Merck teams think differently about digital data/measurement and how it is used to drive insights and optimization.
Internal within EMD Serono
Global Business Franchises (GBF) Neurology & Immunology, Oncology, Fertility, and General Medicine & Endocrinology
Global Strategic Insights (GSI)
Commercial Excellence (global, regional, and local)
Local brand teams
Business Technology (BT)
External to EMD Serono
Digital agencies and suppliers, Technology partners
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Lead the analytics task force to improve digital analytics
* Develop and apply common data standards, processes (e.g. measurement planning, optimization, and operational) and clear roles & responsibilities
* Builds KPI and reporting framework
* Develop re-usable reporting standards
* Implements a measurement solution that can be applied across global franchises, local brand teams including the creation of a full service and self-service model to enable to teams to have on-going reporting
* Develops new models and institutes programs and experiments for measuring business impact
* Establishes training programs and forums to deepen understanding of digital measurement among key functions (e.g. marketing, GSI)
* Create a scalable, customizable solution with a sustainable funding model for global and local brands to have on-going reporting
* Works closely with BT on developing and managing a digital analytics technology solution
* Leads establishment of agencies, vendor, and technology solutions
Candidate s Profile
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field of study is required, advanced degree is preferred.
Professional Skills and Experience
* 7+ years experience in digital/multi-channel analytics measurement and operations
* Deep understanding of digital multi-channel marketing
* Experience working in a regulated industry, preferably healthcare
* Experience in identifying and measuring the effectiveness and success of services and systems
Personal Skills & Competencies
* Capability to manage with various inter-related, interdependent digital marketing platforms and approaches including partnership with vendors
* Strong leadership skills
* Consistently keeps ahead of trends and changes in the industry landscape to bring forward new digital analytics solutions
* Ability to identify and address business and capability needs at the local, regional, and global levels
* Ability to work in intense, fast paced, matrixed, and multinational work environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, and programs such as Excel and PowerPoint
* Normal and routine office duties
* Position requires both domestic and international travel up to 35% of time
* Non-exempts only, overtime may be required
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.