Global Engagement Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT ENGINEER - DIRECT HIRE / FULLTIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: PITTSBURGH, PA
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
ACCOUNT SUPPORT TEAM EXPECTATIONS :
* Account Manager to work with project owner for business reviews and accountperformance.
* Operations Manager / Program Manager / Delivery Lead to work with Google's project owner or dedicated operations lead to manage the team and review daily, weekly, and monthly operations and performance, which would be measured against established metrics.
* Quality Assurance Appropriate
* QA responsibilities performed by QA team.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER :
* Live Event Support Handle setup, monitoring and troubleshooting of all live events on Google platforms.
* Linear Stream Monitoring and capturing Logs Monitor linear streams during business hours and troubleshoot/escalate issues related to streams.
* Reactive Tickets Handle low complexity tickets (determined by LSS team after review of the case) related to feature ingest, ad ingest, video playback
* Ad and feature ingest Monitor feature and ad ingest failures and take corrective actions,including escalation for product issues.
* Stream Alert resolutions Monitor stream alerts and take corrective actions both during business hours and off business hours. This will require that
* vendor team members are available for oncall support outside their working hours.
* Rampup on new Google Platforms Train on upcoming platforms and create training and troubleshooting material for onboarding of new memeber and increase scale of the team.
* Train and mentor new members of the team.
PROFILE REQUIREMENTS (MUST HAVE) :
* BA / BSdegree in a technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
* Preferred Qualification: 4 years of experience in software development or supporting mission critical products.
* 2 years handson experience in Internet products and technologies.
* Good understanding of TCP/IP and application layer protocols. Ability to troubleshoot HTTP and Browser issues.
* Able to perform basic troubleshooting and data gathering by asking relevant questions.
* Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux. Working knowledge of shell scripting.
* Ability to snoop and analyze network traffic using tools like Wireshark and Charles HTTP Proxy.
* Experience in directly working with customer including over the phone support.
PROFILE REQUIREMENTS (NICE TO HAVE) :
* Experience in Adaptive Bitrate Video over HTTP (HLS and/or MPEGDASH).
* Experience in training and mentoring support engineers.
* Experience in advertising or television industry.