Global HR Alternate Business Unit Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
To be the best collaborative partner for driving lasting change with our clients, BCG is thinking outside of the box and beyond traditional management consulting. We are creating, developing, investing in, and partnering with new businesses and business models to deepen our expertise, broaden our capabilities, and support our clients with what they need to win. From fostering organic growth through the practice areas and Center for Knowledge and Analytics to acquiring winning companies, BCG is focused on evaluating, integrating, and operating new businesses and business models to support and drive our business.
HR and people topics related to these new businesses are some of the most urgent and important priorities BCG faces and we are looking for someone to help solve these challenges, build our expertise in this area, and help grow our new Alternate Business HR team. We are looking for an experienced human resources or consulting professional who has passion for working with entrepreneurs, creatively solving problems, and building and shaping a new team, approach, and processes.
Alternate businesses and new business models are among the most central topics of BCG's People Teams, Global Functional Leadership Team, and Executive and Operating Committees. This role is a key part of the new Gloal HR Alternate Business S.W.A.T. Team which will focus on improving & streamlining the evaluation, set-up, and on-going operations of alternate / new businesses from an HR lens. The manager in this role will work closely with the Global HR Alternate Business Director; local, regional, and other global HR leaders and staff; and leaders within the other functions to help BCG establish the foundation of HR support and ongoing HR management for new businesses.
Core activities of this new team will be to:
* Build BCG's approach to evaluating, setting up, and operationalizing new businesses; develop content for a "playbook" to streamline and standardize an approach:
* Key questions to be asked and answered in each phase of evaluation, set-up, and ongoing operations
* Documentation of key processes, decisions, and guidelines for new businesses
* Inventory of what has been done / decisions made on other businesses
* Microsite for contacts, best practices, learnings
* Work closely with new and alternate businesses as they grow and are formed:
* To understand, challenge, and define key aspects of the strategy, operating model, and people model that will have an impact on HR topics
* To engage the right HR experts at the right time to support the new businesses from compensation team to HR information systems to local office HR, for example
* To develop the ideal HR structure and approach for the new business
* To decide how and where BCG will provide shared services and tools for the new businesses
* Develop and drive critical communications:
* Updates on progress to ensure the HR community knows what is happening on the new businesses at the right time
* Voice for new businesses on important tools and systems and support they need
* Link to BCG's Consulting People Management Team to develop, test, and refine relevant HR recommendations for new businesses; develop expertise in relevant topics including career development, recruiting, and staffing
* Coordinate and partner with other functions working on new businesses to align on common models for scale and efficiency
* Become a new business HR expert and act as a thought partner for the new businesses, other functions, and BCG's HR organization
Basic Job Requirements
* Bachelor s degree required; MBA a plus
* 7+ years of experience in a top-tier Consulting firm and/or managing within a high-caliber HR team
* Familiarity with professional services companies and business models; experience with new businesses / M&A a plus
* Proven ability to design creative solutions to ambiguous problems
* Proven excellence with project management and group facilitation, especially across different cultures and related to highly confidential and sensitive topics
* Strong written and verbal communication skills (especially in relating to senior executives and partners)
* Self-motivated, takes initiative, possesses creative problem-solving skills and willingness to offer suggestions for improvement; builds relationships to leverage resources
* Ability to develop approaches to tasks; create and implement process; and develop frameworks for organizing work and evaluating ideas
* Structures, plans and prioritizes work/projects effectively (for the short and long term)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of organization and across multiple functions; collaborative, strong cross-functional teaming skills; senior presence
* Comfort with ambiguity, interative process, and multi-tasking on different projects under tight timeframes
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential
* Some occasional international travel may be required (
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2247BR